Blackout curtains

Started by willie5094, September 26, 2018, 09:03:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

willie5094

Another query from myself, needing curtains for house preferably blackout curtains with lining attached.

Cheers
Willie

Johnrgby2

Best place for curtains is Decolar in Puerto, not the cheapest, but the best, coming from Saavadra { where you have already been } go down the hill you will come to a Farmacia, it is about 6/7 doors down. there is also Norty Sur up past Ideal but the range is limited, or what everyone calls the green shop, instead of turning toward ideal go straight on and it is on your left, cannot miss it.

Lexeus

The curtains I have bought in Feurteventura are a rip off and not very good quality, they aren't actually blackout despite being sold as such.

My advice would be order from amazon, I bought some great blackout curtians in the UK for about £20 each, whereas here they charged like â,¬60 and the quality is definitely not better.

Archer

Willie. We bought some good blackout material for our first apartment at the 'Uniform shop' in Morro Jable (opp Padilla). They also have a branch in Puerto up near the Hacienda (opp side of the street), and may also be connected to the one in Gran Tarajal. The fabric is kind of like a heavy vinyl with reflective silver on one side. Great for keeping the sun out, if necessary. We just fixed normal curtain tape to the top....no need for any seems....just cut to size. Put normal curtains inside this same as in many hotel rooms.

decho

I know you said you wanted curtains, but we found blackout blinds plus voils look really good.
We bought our blinds from IKEA and they really DO keep the light out...they are available in grey and white and come in several widths, but can easily be cut to size.
Might be worth a thought.

Lexeus

Material from the uniform shop in Morro is a good idea, it's a good shop, not where my curtains came from.

Also Ikea blackout blinds are very good value, often on offer to if you look out for it.

Traditionally Spanish houses just have "persianas" shutters that shut over the windows and block out all the light. Maybe this is why the ready made curtain offerings are not good.

Stone Free

The Ikea blackout blinds are called Tupplur.  It looks like they are introducing a new range called Tretur.

Archer

Yep, persianas are by far the best option. They come both fixed and adjustable. We have both types on our house now. The adjustable type block out light totally...I cannot see anything even in broad daylight!
Unfortunately, not all communities allow them, so in our first apart we had to go the inside blackout route.