Is CAAF the most incompetent business in Fuerteventura?

Started by Archer, August 28, 2017, 09:29:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Archer

We have water supplied to 2 different properties, in 2 different areas.
Canaragua in Pajara manage to send us a bill (and email) regularly before they take the DD.
On the other hand CAAF never send a bill, nor do they send an email. But still manage to take their money regularly!
I have tried email them, but they just refuse to answer. I need to know why my water bill is so high, and how much I have used recently (leak?).
Anyone else have trouble seeing regular bills from this company? And is there a higher authority to complain to?

Logitechtom

Don't have any knowledge or experience with CAAF, but my recent experience with Endesa (electricity supplier) might help.

Was in a similar situation, in that no bills, no response to emails but large chunks of cash were being taken from my bank - far in excess of any consumption.

I discovered they had a website and phone app.  After many attempts, I finally managed to get registered as a accustomed (how do you know your account number, when you never seen a bill)  and downloaded the app.  There, I could see all my vastly over-estimated bills and start submitting actual readings.  Eventually, they recognised the problem, credited 18 months invoices and re-issued them based on my readings. Net result, I was 600 euros better off (refunded to the bank).

Now, I submit monthly readings and have no further problems.

So, see if CAAF have a customer website or phone app. It might just be the route you need to take.

Tom.

Johnrgby2

Quote from: Archer on August 28, 2017, 09:29:59 AM
Canaragua in Pajara manage to send us a bill (and email) regularly before they take the DD.
On the other hand CAAF never send a bill, nor do they send an email. But still manage to take their money regularly!
I have tried email them, but they just refuse to answer. I need to know why my water bill is so high, and how much I have used recently (leak?).
Anyone else have trouble seeing regular bills from this company? And is there a higher authority to complain to?

We use Aguas in Antigua, they take the charge every month on the 8th, if the bill ever arrives it is always 12/15 days later, and I doubt there is any one else you can appeal to.

In my humble opinion, there is not a business on The Island that would survive more than a month in The UK, and that includes all the bars and Restaurants.

calculator

Yes, they're tremendously incompetent. Complaining to consumo won't help as they're not much use either.

If you want to see the bill, you must visit they're office in Puerto (no sure if they have regional ones). They can also issue a statement of account there.

With regards the amounts; Well, why not check your water meter? It'll be immediately obvious if there's a leak.

Billing rates are 1-10m3 1,12e per m3; 11-30m3 1,30e per m3; 31-40m3 1,76e per m3; above 41m3 2,44e per m3.

Johnrgby2

On a similar theme.
Sorry it is a bit of a saga but I am getting more end more wound up about this, and I do not usually do stress!
I tried about 6 weeks ago to switch to Orange for my internet and landline, was offered a reasonable deal which included  a mobile line for â,¬1 more than I was currently paying spent nearly 90 mins in the shop signing the contracts, 6 days later I get a text telling me they cannot connect me despite the fact I already have a land line, so I ring them am
and am told  there is a connection problem and the contract would have to be cancelled "call this number and explain, Oh and incidentally they do not speak English and if you do not contact them you will have to pay a penalty!" to which I reply " I have to pay a penalty because you cannot honour the contract ?" I return to the shop where they speak excellent English, I return the modem they had given me along with the sim card, and I am there for nearly two hours while the girl speaks to countless people trying to sort it, in th e end she tells me  you can go I will sort it out if there is an issue I will contact you, which she never did.
Three weeks later I get a â,¬7.54 charge in my bank account, which I think is this so called penalty, and decide ti ignore it as it is not a life changing amount of money, subsequently I have received daily recorded messages from them, and three calls from a human being who spoke no English but still rang three times. so back to the shop I go to be confronted by a different person I explain I want these calls to stop, after some investigation it appears that Orange had decided to not cancel the mobile section of the contract and give me a special rate for the mobile, which .A. I did not know about. .B. I do not have the sim card for. and .C. I do not need as I rarely use my mobile, a â,¬10 top up will last me 6/8 weeks I only ever use it to ring a taxi from a Bar or restaurant, she was going to sort it and get some one to ring m last Wednesday, did they? NO am I still getting phone calls? you bet your life I am.

Deso

Quote from: Johnrgby2 on August 28, 2017, 10:00:44 AM

We use Aguas in Antigua, they take the charge every month on the 8th, if the bill ever arrives it is always 12/15 days later, and I doubt there is any one else you can appeal to.

In my humble opinion, there is not a business on The Island that would survive more than a month in The UK, and that includes all the bars and Restaurants.

John, if you go to the Aguas Antigua office, you can register and get your bill emailed to you each month. I took a bill and gave them my email address and now get a bill every month.
Regards, Neil
Looking forward to the day I tick the "One way only" box when booking flights to Fuerte. [:)]

Johnrgby2

Quote from: Deso on August 28, 2017, 10:24:09 AM
Quote from: Johnrgby2 on August 28, 2017, 10:00:44 AM

John, if you go to the Aguas Antigua office, you can register and get your bill emailed to you each month. I took a bill and gave them my email address and now get a bill every month.

Did that deso when I registered as a resident after not realising for 8 months I was not getting residents discount, and I got one Email then it stopped again, it is not a problem as when a bill shows up it is easy to check.

Deso

Must be the luck of the draw. So far, in dealing with Endesa, Movistar and the like, it has always gone to plan.
I am going over to GC in a few weeks with the intention of buying a car, so I've probably put the mockers on that going smoothly now.  ::)  :D
Regards, Neil
Looking forward to the day I tick the "One way only" box when booking flights to Fuerte. [:)]

Johnrgby2

Quote from: Deso on August 28, 2017, 12:27:23 PM
Must be the luck of the draw. So far, in dealing with Endesa, Movistar and the like, it has always gone to plan.
I am going over to GC in a few weeks with the intention of buying a car, so I've probably put the mockers on that going smoothly now.  ::)  :D

A neighbour of mine did it about 18 months ago planned to stay overnight in case there was am issue, all sorted in a couple of hours, and trust me this guy is not the sharpest knife in the draw, so you should be fine.

Deso

Fingers crossed.   :)

We'll catch up for that beer as well while we're over.  ;D
Regards, Neil

Johnrgby2

Quote from: Deso on August 28, 2017, 12:46:49 PM
Fingers crossed.   :)

We'll catch up for that beer as well while we're over.  ;D

No sweat

Archer

John, Orange are nearly as incompetent as CAAF, but not quite!
I had problems with my order (s). But I finally got someone sensible to resolve the issues using their online chat tool. I found someone who actually understood the problem (they kept sending my order to the shop, whilst I wasn't there). They even gave me an extra credit for the hassle.
Only problem now, is the raised the price on the annual contract and didn't tell me. But did give extra data 50gig vs 32gig.
Good luck!

Archer

Logitechtom. Online is not an option with CAAF. They are dinasaurs.
I have the meter readings, I just need bills to prove the cost overrun.
Calculator. Aren't I entitled to SEE my bills without going to their office? It's a useless organisation and needs some competition.

Johnrgby2

Quote from: Archer on August 28, 2017, 14:56:34 PM
Logitechtom. Online is not an option with CAAF. They are dinasaurs.
I have the meter readings, I just need bills to prove the cost overrun.
Calculator. Aren't I entitled to SEE my bills without going to their office? It's a useless organisation and needs some competition.

I do not want to bring politics into this, but this is exactly what happens when there is no competition, and Corbyn wants to bring back Nationalisation, not that I am suggesting the present system in the UK is perfect, but at least you have a choice.