Costa Calma

Started by Banzai, November 30, 2007, 20:57:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Banzai

its one year since we were there,are any more of Commercial centre shops taken ? (The One next to The Palace)[8)]
Banzai !

holly99

Is that the Bahia Calma Shopping Centre with the spar and t shirt shop.? I was there in October and no more units were taken. Just the perfume shop T shirt shop and the souvenir type shop with the very bright lighting.
Aahh........

nickmacuk

Shopping[:0] Banzai you disapoint me[:D]

Banzai

Very Good Nic !! thats the beauty of Fuerte ,theres nothing to buy !! just wondered how shops progress ,we are booked once again to go in May ,to the Pajara (2nd visit).
Banzai !

Banzai

No More Shops ,Pavements a bit better otherwise no other changes !!
Banzai !

holly99

Just back from Costa Calma, it was very quiet- a lot of the German people seem to have gone home . Las Arena  restaurant being renovated but plenty of places to eat. all in all another relaxing fortnight. it is a shame that there are no more shops open. But the fountain was working !!
Aahh........

holly99

For those of you that visit CC  ie Banzai a couple of shops have opened at the bahia calma shopping centre. A shop that sells watches, clothes, etc and also I think a cake shop will be opening.  Lots off trees cut down in the roads, pavements still a bit less than one's image of idealised perfection- but beaches still great. Restaurants still busy.  another peaceful holiday ..
Aahh........

Banzai

Roll on May 9th ,back at R2 Pajara Beach Hotel  for 3rd time ! Thanks Holly 99 !
Banzai !

holly99

I know it seems like only Banzai and I are the only visitors to Costa Calma. But has anyone else been there lately ?
Hopefully nothing has closed down?
Any thing to report from anybody?

I am going back in a few weeks - cant wait to get away from this weather.
Aahh........

woody2

[:D][:D][:D]

Pop down every so often ,less I admit in the December -March time but have always found it good .Shops enough for me and the cake shops to die for as all over the island .
Beaches are great just easier for me to get to Los Hotels 35k against 50k ,People should try the area instead of sticking to big Breakfasts of Caleta and Corralejo Nature at it's best in this part of the island .

[8D][8D][8D]
WOODY        My latest invention is a Coffee Apple.

It's like a Toffee Apple but tastes of ..........

I expect my Nobel Prize is in the post!

"Dos cangrejos del u'o de mi pueblo".
 www.freewebs.com/woodytoo/

Banzai

wonderful xmas & New Yr at Pajara Beach,great weather after first day , so hot !!!!!! just nightmare at Airport on wednesday cos of flight problems from UK !

More Brits than usual at Pajara Beach ,but along with other nationalities there was a nice atmosphere and good food with a good firework display on New yrs eve !!
Banzai !

holly99

Thsnks Banzai and Woody

good to know all is OK in Costa Calma- I have heard about the fireworks but have not yet been able to visit for the New Year- perhaps this year or do I mean next.

It is a shame that more people do not appreciate the area.

X
Aahh........

gerrydee

Oh I dunno, holly. There's 3 of us plus woody2 nips down occasionally. Bit too full already- with noisy italians lastime we were there. Think Banz reckoned similar. Remarkably less nudists on beach in Sept compared to April. Perhaps they hibernate early. Food has never impressed in C. Calma- except for Aureola beachbar at lunch. Shame it doesn't do dinner. And the hotel dinners are better in jandia in our experience. But love the Mediterranean- style villas/apartments just behind the beach - got real style.
gerry

holly99

Have you tried El Patio on the beach, or the Fish restaurant at La Pared.

What about Mama Mias or Arenas they are quite good.

Cant wait
Aahh........

Captain Sensible

We go down to Costa Calma every so often.  We used to go on holiday there every year before we moved over here to Caleta.

It always reminds us of 'holiday' and the good times we had there.  We used to stay at Monica Beach.

They have made a new walkway next to the main road now, linking the two roundabouts on the main road.

holly99

Has anyone visited lately. ?

I have heard from a friend who visited recently that there is a bit of building noise at the moment.

Is anybody there that has heard any ?

Thanks
Aahh........

Banzai

A great 2 weeks again,sandblasted and cooked to a crisp,sea warmer than usual 22/23C, R2 Pajara good as ever ,only 7months to wait for another session !
Banzai !

Nordiccouple

We will probably visiting F during 2011 and thinking of staying at Costa Calma, Morasol. How is that hotel?

Banzai

We know where it is ,not far from Tindaya Hotel which is adjacent to beach,we met Germans staying there so i imagine all is ok ,as they dont tolerate poor accomodation !(a Spar supermarket very close by too !)
Banzai !

Nordiccouple

Thanks Banzai! Grateful for more comments from former guests.

Island Beach

As first time visit to Costa Calma, was wondering what hotels are good for family and have good food and good reports located near beach? Hopefully things to do for my 6 year old boy ?

We are looking to buy holiday home, but just checking out area first and giving family a wonderfull holiday in the mean time. Are the pavements much better? Or walkways near beach?

Carlo

quote:
Originally posted by Nordiccouple

We will probably visiting F during 2011 and thinking of staying at Costa Calma, Morasol. How is that hotel?

Bit late now but for anyone reading in future, Morasol is a great hotel with excellent service, would recommend it to anyone. Great location, only 3 mins walk from the beach.

amberambler

We are going to Morasol Apartments in early march.Any more info would be appreciated. Thanks

Carlo

quote:
Originally posted by amberambler

We are going to Morasol Apartments in early march.Any more info would be appreciated. Thanks

I stayed at Morasol last May and we loved it. It's a 2 - 3 minute walk to the beach and very reasonable, it served all the purposes we were looking for. It has a Spar on the complex and the pool area was never really that busy. No 18 - 30 types there and I think we were the only Brits there, the rest were either German (a given in CC), Italian or Spanish. It's not exactly 'luxury' but it was more than enough for us. Lovely staff who greet you with a glass of Champagne, lovely bar / waiting staff etc. I'd highly recommend it. There's actually 2 Morasols on the same little road, one is Morasol Apartmentos on the other Morasol Atlantico, we stayed in the latter, however, they are both the same company and are able to use the other's facilities etc. Happy to help with any other questions you may have [;)]

duckworth

I actually got myself a flight for August. It was so cheap >_<
Sooo, we're looking for apartments for a two weeks stay, 2 adults. Anyone know Apartamentos Alberto in Morro Jable? Looks nice enough and close to the beach. But what's it like in real life? any shopping near by?

amberambler

Thanks for the feedback Carlo.

Carlo

quote:
Originally posted by amberambler

Thanks for the feedback Carlo.

No probs. Glad to be of help [;)]

steevo

Going to stay one or two nights in Costa Calma for the first time in back end of May. Really looking forward to the beaches. Planning on getting the bus early in the morning to Morro Jable, quick look around, and then walk back along the beach to Costa Calma.