Costa Caleta Hotel - Check-In Time, Beware.

Started by woe10, November 10, 2014, 13:26:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woe10

I had some friends over last week, arrived at Costa Caleta Hotel, Caleta de Fuste, at 11.30 am, only to be told that check-in time is at 3.00pm.
After getting up at 2.30 am. to drive to the airport, the last thing you want is to hang around for Three and a Half hours waiting for your room to unpack, shower and change. They were given a key to a luggage room and told they had to wait. A family of 6, including 2 kids in buggies had to do the same. The Gestapo receptionist didn't give a damn.

There's nothing on their website or TC website about check-in times. Beware .

IsThisForumStillGoingWow

That's not at all unusal..we always land around 10.45 am and can never get into apartment before 2pm. It says on most places when you book what the earliest check in time is (they do have to clean the rooms, change beds etc) and what time check out is.
When we stayed at Cay Beach complex they at least gave us a key to another apartment to leave our cases and have a shower (towels were provided) when we didnt have to leave for flight home till 6pm
Most places you can't check in till at least 2pm though.
Only two things are infinite,the universe and human stupidity,and im not sure about the former .....

IsThisForumStillGoingWow

I always pack shorts and sun top in my day bag and pop into El Capitans loos to change and sit outside with a lovely jug of Marks sangria  8) 8) 8)
Only two things are infinite,the universe and human stupidity,and im not sure about the former .....

bedouin

Quote from: woe10 on November 10, 2014, 13:26:51 PM
There's nothing on their website or TC website about check-in times. Beware .

It is on the hotel website, in the terms and conditions, although it says earliest check-in is 1400, and latest checkout is 1200.

As others have said, it's normal not to be able to check-in until 2 or 3pm.  Surely most holidaymakers know this?

Magoo

As most hotels have a check out time of 10:00 or 11.00am, how can you expect to check in at 11:30am? 

The only way you will get this is either prior arrangement assuming they have spare capacity, or book an extra night in front ensuring that you let the hotel know,

IsThisForumStillGoingWow

If you'd have been a really good friend woe you would have taken them to your gaff, whisked them up a jug of sangria and some tapas, let 'em have a shower and change and got them back to Costa Caleta at 3pm  ;) 8) 8) 8)
I honestly don't know anywhere that lets you into your accomodation at 11.30am unless it's a private villa maybe.

woe10

Quote from: hev on November 10, 2014, 14:12:08 PM
I always pack shorts and sun top in my day bag and pop into El Capitans loos to change and sit outside with a lovely jug of Marks sangria  8) 8) 8)

I prefer real sangria  :o

isleswing

Quote from: hev on November 10, 2014, 22:08:59 PM
If you'd have been a really good friend woe you would have taken them to your gaff, whisked them up a jug of sangria and some tapas, let 'em have a shower and change and got them back to Costa Caleta at 3pm  ;) 8) 8) 8)
I honestly don't know anywhere that lets you into your accomodation at 11.30am unless it's a private villa maybe.

And then only if they've had a void before you.

The change-over fairies need a bit of time to do their stuff.

bedouin

About 10 years ago, we used to go a couple of times a year to a brilliant naturist resort in the Caribbean.  The flights were via Amsterdam, and arrived on the island early in the morning.  We always booked the chalet for the night before, so that we had immediate access when we arrived.  Everywhere in the world, checkout tends to be before 11-12am, and checkin tends to be after 2-3pm, so I'm amazed anyone should be surprised by it.

IsThisForumStillGoingWow

Quote from: woe10 on November 11, 2014, 15:18:30 PM
Quote from: hev on November 10, 2014, 14:12:08 PM

I prefer real sangria  :o

It is real sangria at El Capitans woe..one of the few places you see them mix it up.  8) 8) 8)

woe10

;D ;D ;D   Thought that would get you going. You're right though, some places use Sangria flavoured syrup mixed with 7up, disgusting stuff.

IsThisForumStillGoingWow

And I wont name the bar that we saw just tipped it out of the carton and threw a couple of lemon and orange slices in the jug..we told them 'No thanks' and walked out  :o :o 8)

Elite of the forum

Travelled far and wide we always drop an email to ask if they have a luggage room as we will be arriving before 11am,but most places when we have arrived let us straight to the room or have just put our luggage behind reception if they say they cant accommodate we go elsewhere ,simples really not just the one place,unless you go to some back and beyond places ;D
do illiterate people really get the benefits of alphabet soup

jg

Quote from: hev on November 11, 2014, 19:33:44 PM
And I wont name the bar that we saw just tipped it out of the carton and threw a couple of lemon and orange slices in the jug..we told them 'No thanks' and walked out  :o :o 8)
We have bought some of those ready mixed sangria in the supermarket and it was pretty good.
It is important to check the label first though to see what they have put in it.
JG

woe10

Quote from: jg on November 11, 2014, 23:00:04 PM
Quote from: hev on November 11, 2014, 19:33:44 PM

We have bought some of those ready mixed sangria in the supermarket and it was pretty good.
It is important to check the label first though to see what they have put in it.

So, do you know what's in "Traditional" sangria. It's all the ingredients that are made and grown in Southern Spain.

Red Wine
Orange Juice (zumo not necter)
Brandy
Triple Seco
Banana liqueur
Chopped Orange and Lemon.

The measures are a secret. The OJ makes it Opaque, anything else in not Traditional Sangria, but a cheap substitute  8)

Ivemovedon

Have a traditional pint of dorada, its not a secret and its easier and more refreshing. ;)

isleswing

Surely that's a traditional 'half litre' ?    :D