Avenida Restaurant + Map

Started by charlatanefc, October 26, 2013, 19:19:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charlatanefc

Decided to check this place out in May after seeing it mentioned on here a few times.  Lovely traditional Spanish restaurant.  Excellent, good value food in large portions, great service, and a lovely atmosphere made this the best meal we had all holiday.

I had the Lamb Chops and my missus had the Pork Tenderloin.  Both were delicious and huge.

Need to get here early as place is well used by the locals and can make getting a table a bit hit and miss.

We couldn't find the place the first time we tried, but managed to find it 2nd time as it is a bit of the beaten track in the old town.  Would highly recommend and can't wait to go back in January.

[map]?=28.742448236908963,%20-13.869051039218903=17=Avenidas=roadmap[/map]

Keith Dean

Aveida Restaurant, look on ANY forum or web site about Corralejo and it's the restaurant they all talk about. Family run, never had a bad meal in over 8 years, visiting the Island three times a year. Would not like to guess the number of times we have eat there. A tip, if you are a small eater, like me order a small portion and don't have starters!!!!!!!!

Enjoy!!!!

cairocuz1

never seen this restaurant but it sounds good we are going to corralejo in march can anybody tell us were its near thanks

Ronnietheblue

Its in the old town, opposite what used to be Pancho villa Mexican restaurant, but is now Boa Vida. Not far from Bristol Playa a pts. Get there early, it gets really busy.

meggie

Pepe one of the brothers who ran Avenidas for years now has a new restaurant next door to Robins Nest.

Also very good and same big portions.Well worth a visit.

cairocuz1

is avenida anywhere near the big hippo supermarket?

cairocuz1

meggie can you tell us were robins nest is please
going to corralejo in march and would like to try some restaurants like avenida off the beaten track used by locals thanks

Ronnietheblue

Cairo, avenida is heading toward Bristol playa towards the harbour, opposite Boa Vida rest. This used to be Pancho Villa Mexican. If in doubt a taxi from Atlantic centre only a couple of euros.
Robins nest, I think, is off the main road, heading down to Waikiki beach.

meggie

Yes thats correct  what Ronnie says.Robbins nest is sign posted with an arrow at the corner on the
main road.

cairocuz1

thanks for the info we will check them out in march

Elite of the forum

went here this week the portions were large as ever food was excellent and the service was spot on even got doggy bags to take food home with ,for better experience than another place we visited this week,if you like your sweets go for the Avenida special ;D ;D ;D
do illiterate people really get the benefits of alphabet soup