Kite Festival 2017, 9th-12th November

Started by TamaraEnLaPlaya, October 20, 2017, 21:16:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TamaraEnLaPlaya

From La Oliva Ayuntamiento website:

Professional and amateur comedians from all over the world will meet, from 9 to 12 November 2017, at the XXX edition of the International Festival of Kites held in the Dunas de Corralejo Natural Park. The festival began in 1987 thanks to the impulse of a group of people who were fond of flying kites, who disinterestedly promoted a meeting that brings together a growing number of people

In recent years the festival has been progressively consolidated, acquiring a wide repercussion, not only at the regional level, but also at national and international level.

bedouin

Quote from: TamaraEnLaPlaya on October 20, 2017, 21:16:09 PM

Professional and amateur comedians from all over the world will meet...

Comedians????

TamaraEnLaPlaya

I know, lovely translation isn't it?

If you just translate the original words, 'Cometistas profesionales', it comes out as 'Professional Practitioners', but translating the whole article gave it a different perspective!

Logitechtom

I think, but I'm not sure, that this kite flying festival has one day flying at the beach in Cotillo. Anyone able to confirm what date that will be?

Saw pictures of the 2016 day in Cotillo, and it sure looks like something you would want to go look at in person.

TIA,

Tom.

Tel501

Hope this is of help Tom
Yes, first day of the Kite Festival is at El Cotillo the next three at Corralejo