so quiet

Started by wavell ave, February 23, 2019, 16:25:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wavell ave

hi whats happening to the forum? i,ve never seen it  with so few opinions in general, i am always interested what locals and holiday makers have to say ,but not so much from either. hope it will go back to how it was thanks

jill tie

Quote from: wavell ave on February 23, 2019, 16:25:27 PM
hi whats happening to the forum? i,ve never seen it  with so few opinions in general, i am always interested what locals and holiday makers have to say ,but not so much from either. hope it will go back to how it was thanks

Not sure when you were last here Wavell ave.  But the forum was dominated by a small group who took over
most posts and either turned it into something personnel or a debate about brexit.   Which was compounded
by there being no moderator.  All of which resulted in most of the decent regular posters  leaving.  On a positive
admin is back some of those responsible have been barred.  However I fear too much damage has been done
I hope I am wrong and the forum recovers.

el caballo hambriento

There is much more activity and information on the other lot's forum.

el caballo hambriento

Those that were barred need barring again.  It was pleasant on here while they were gone.  I like the other forum - it is pleasant unlike this one.  This one used to be pleasant.  It needs several active Moderators.

spitfire58

There was nothing wrong with this forum prior to maybe 6 months ago. It has always provided good communication, info & help. Hopefully we can now get back to that. I don`t want to see this forum wither any more than a lot of other people. There will always be differences of opinion & that in itself is good, except when multiple threads keep getting highjacked & end up as mindless drivel. Let`s all pull together & try to get back to where we were

jill tie

Quote from: spitfire58 on February 25, 2019, 22:04:13 PM
There was nothing wrong with this forum prior to maybe 6 months ago. It has always provided good communication, info & help. Hopefully we can now get back to that. I don`t want to see this forum wither any more than a lot of other people. There will always be differences of opinion & that in itself is good, except when multiple threads keep getting highjacked & end up as mindless drivel. Let`s all pull together & try to get back to where we were

+1

woe10

Schoolboy banter between a couple of members have stopped people coming on here. You know who you are   :o

wavell ave

please can anyone tell me why the posts have stopped' its been quite a while since the last post on all subjects . i can tell you i so enjoy the forums posts 

matahari

Quote from: woe10 on February 26, 2019, 14:56:09 PM
Schoolboy banter between a couple of members have stopped people coming on here. You know who you are   :o

I'm afraid it was a little more serious than schoolboy banter

Johnrgby2

Schoolboy would relate to the mentality of the two bellends who ruined this forum banter it certainly was not. I am afraid this forum will never recover, but admin must shoulder some responsibility for not acting quicker to stop it escalating despite being asked to by several contributors

spitfire58

Quote from: Johnrgby2 on May 24, 2019, 13:22:16 PM
Schoolboy would relate to the mentality of the two bellends who ruined this forum banter it certainly was not. I am afraid this forum will never recover, but admin must shoulder some responsibility for not acting quicker to stop it escalating despite being asked to by several contributors

Agree fully John ☹️☹️

wavell ave

come on admin get this forum up n running again. .its too good to lose will you reply please

spitfire58

Quote from: wavell ave on May 24, 2019, 15:43:42 PM
come on admin get this forum up n running again. .its too good to lose will you reply please

It`s not up to the Admin, it`s up to the posters at the end of the day !!

wavell ave

ah well got some response thanks all xxx

woe10

Forums are a thing of the past, defunct. Everybody is using Facebook now. Time to close shop Fuerteventura Forum, move on  :o

wavell ave

no no no its still a general information on fuerteventura . dont let facebook rule all our lives

Johnrgby2

This Forum is now actively moderated, and we hope to return to some form of it previous self

Fuerte1976

Quote from: woe10 on May 31, 2019, 14:37:28 PM
Forums are a thing of the past, defunct. Everybody is using Facebook now. Time to close shop Fuerteventura Forum, move on  :o

Nope. I'm mid 40's and tech geek. I've never had a facebook or twitter account. I prefer to interact with real people and not be a sheep.