costa caleta

Started by sarah5180, March 25, 2007, 20:05:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sarah5180

hi would anyone be able to tell me anything about the castillo puerto apartments. Ihave been to fuerteventura for the past 8 years but have never stayed in these apartments plz help b 4 i book 2 go there[:D]
swalton

pigmandick

Why dont you go to somewhere you have been and like if you have been to fuert for the last 8 years?

melkern

They are nice apartments and very central in Caleta clean and a decent size relax and book.
Living in the Sun trying to Earn a few €

sollyholly

quote:
Originally posted by pigmandick

Why dont you go to somewhere you have been and like if you have been to fuert for the last 8 years?

Because variety is the spice of life!

Lewiston

Holiday 18 July - 1 August. Review of our accommodation is in the relevant accommodation section.

Our 6th visit to Caleta.

Caleta itself changes from year to year. Some things good, some not so. There's an increase in graffiti, especially along the seafront, which is a bit offputting. A missing manhole cover on the promenade remained un-repaired after two weeks, but then this is Spain - manana and all that.

I'd read somewhere on the internet that the main beach was due a facelift, including toilets, new sand and a kids play area. This would certainly be welcome. Whilst the beach is ok, it does suffer in comparison with others on the island as it is manmade.

The Saturday market is worth a visit. Always remember to haggle. I got a nice, but obviously fake, Omega watch for 11 euros. The guy wanted 30, but I stood my ground. One week later it's still working – LOL.

A few bars to mention:

El Capitan, opposite the front of the Barcelo Hotel. Happy hour 8.30 – 10.30pm. Two large beers for 2.40 euros!

Pieros – good, clean family entertainment.

The Beer Garden – great location opposite Pieros. Excellent hot chocolate for the kids!

Restaurant. El Camorote at the harbour. Had a lovely meal on our last night. Fabulous views, reasonably priced, and good food.

Barcelo Hotel. Anyone can wander in, enjoy the shows and have a drink in the evening. Well worth a visit. The in-house shows were much better this year than last.

Other good points were the new businesses springing up beneath the Geranios Suites. A new supermarket, bike hire, two shops and also a great Beach Café, which has fabulous views across the bay towards the harbour – just wonderful during the evening and just what Caleta has been missing. Also, just next door we must give a plug to JD's Family Bingo, being run by a lovely British guy trying to do something a bit different. We popped in a couple of evenings and spent a few euros to give him some support. I know bingo is perhaps something a bit different for Fuerteventura, but it was a bit of fun for half an hour!
Finally, the new beaches opposite the new Sheraton Hotel/Atlantico Centre are great and worth a visit.

The Island itself

We hired a car for 3 days. Drove down to Costa Calma and spent a day on the beach there. Fabulous. A few kilometres further on at Pasco del Risco (I think) the beach is even better, but there are less facilities.

Paid a visit to Correlejo, and the new Baku Water Park. It was enjoyable, but pricey. Having paid 20 euros or so to get in, I thought it was a bit of a cheek to charge a further 3 euros for a sunbed, but whatever, it's worth a visit and the kids will enjoy it.

Overall, a great holiday. Can't wait for summer 2008.
We are Derby, super Derby.

ibroxidol

anyone been to the villas at costa caletta, direct holidays do them. any info would be great

bbbbarry

there is a beautiful villa in costa antigua, all you need , its great so quiet and wonderful views of see if you want info contact debbie@costaantiguatotalcare.com

IsThisForumStillGoingWow

quote:
Originally posted by ibroxidol

anyone been to the villas at costa caletta, direct holidays do them. any info would be great

Costa Caleta is an apartment hotel,no villas there surely?? I go to my osteo/massage guy Leo there every 3 weeks and have never seen a villa there....Its very nice though..lovely rooms.
Only two things are infinite,the universe and human stupidity,and im not sure about the former .....

ibroxidol

yes actually there are villas we know it is a complex but there is also villas with private pools beside or across the road direct holidays due them.they are of the same name anyway thanks for your reply we will probably stick to minorca its agreat place no offence to the canarys ment.

johnkennedy

No i have not been to costa caletta but they say it is a nice place to enjoy...

phantom72

hi im going to Club Caleta Dorada in june but have read a lot about peoples apartments being broke into has anyone heard of this or can anyone tell me a bit about the Club Caleta Dorada[:D]

Loobi Lu

There's a great new site for Caleta http://www.freewebs.com/caletafuerteventura/ great pics and good information!

ejectthetape

love Caleta....back there on Saturday. Should be at El Capitans for around 19.30