Recommendations please

Started by Paul270364, July 17, 2017, 21:41:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul270364

Not been to corralejo for a few years,we would just like some recommendations on places to eat and drink. We like a good tapas,sea food,Chinese and the other half loves a good steak. Like it nice and easy after a meal in a nice chill out bar. Thanks for any information.

Banjo

You don't mention when you're going so this may be too late but the Avenida is as safe a bet as any. It's a short walk down the back streets and off the main drag but it's worth it. You will need to arrive early and if you're anything like me you may struggle to eat all that is in front of you. The food and relaxed service is excellent though, a proper restaurant.

superkev61

Quote from: Banjo on September 03, 2017, 21:08:27 PM
You don't mention when you're going so this may be too late but the Avenida is as safe a bet as any. It's a short walk down the back streets and off the main drag but it's worth it. You will need to arrive early and if you're anything like me you may struggle to eat all that is in front of you. The food and relaxed service is excellent though, a proper restaurant.

Meson Las Tejas is also a good bet. Owned and ran by one of the Avenida brothers and offers nearly the same fare. Like Avenida get there early as it does get busy with locals as well as holidaymakers.
Puedo tener unas faltas, equivocarse no es uno de ellos.

Kev

decho

For TApas I would head to Cafe Antigua Del Puerto down near the harbour opposite Fazzs Indian restaurant. Great Tapas and also Paella...only problem with the paella is that you have to order it in advance.

jg

Quote from: decho on September 09, 2017, 07:39:23 AM
For TApas I would head to Cafe Antigua Del Puerto down near the harbour opposite Fazzs Indian restaurant. Great Tapas and also Paella...only problem with the paella is that you have to order it in advance.
To get a decent paella you shoud have to order it in advance. Paella available without due notice is not worth eating.
JG

MandK

Best tapas on the island in our opinion ,

hairybiker

Quote from: jg on September 10, 2017, 21:35:52 PM
To get a decent paella you shoud have to order it in advance. Paella available without due notice is not worth eating.
I disagree.  I regulaly make a paella mixte (Chicken, prawns, squid) for 1 or 2 people from scratch in about 30 mins.  So for a main course, there wouldn't be much of a wait between starter and main.  I believe, most of paellas served in "restaurants" are pre-prepared and still require a wait or have been microwaved (Bleh!!).

HOWEVER, the best paellas I ever had were from the late lamented Beach Bar Juan on Flag Beach and there was either no wait (of you went for a late lunch) or a long one (if you went too early). The lady there made one huge dish each day and served portions from it.

decho

Quote from: jg on September 10, 2017, 21:35:52 PM

Ah, but you see they are missing a BIG trick and I have told Simon this.
You use to be able to order on the spot and were told it would take 30 mins...which is about right....so what did you do whilst waiting? Order one or two of their fabulous Tapas😊😊

Paul270364

Sorry a bit late with the reply we will be in fuerteventura from the 7th January
Thanks for the recommendations so far and please keep them coming.

Paul270364

Not long to go now! Just hoping for a few more recommendations please.👍

MalT

We arrive soon and for us, it`s infusion, land of freedom and casa Domingo as favourites, although others mentioned on here all good 😎