HERTZ car hire office

Started by BrianM, September 24, 2012, 13:19:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrianM

Just booked a Hertz car from the Ryanair site when booking flights. Is there a Hertz office in the airport. Always use payless or top car but this time price was too good to miss.

djk99

Yes, You'll find the Hertz Office just to the Left as you come out of Arrivals. Last time I hired from HERTZ , my C. Card was 'pre-authorized' for €650 as I chose not to take out their Supercover Insurance. Assuming there is no damage it's refunded at the end of the rental, but you will not be able to access full balance of your card while this charge is in place. Look at any petrol options you are offered too, as 'leaving it back empty' is usually detrimental to your wallet!!

KWC

Quote from: djk99 on September 24, 2012, 14:11:18 PM
Yes, You'll find the Hertz Office just to the Left as you come out of Arrivals. Last time I hired from HERTZ , my C. Card was 'pre-authorized' for €650 as I chose not to take out their Supercover Insurance. Assuming there is no damage it's refunded at the end of the rental, but you will not be able to access full balance of your card while this charge is in place. Look at any petrol options you are offered too, as 'leaving it back empty' is usually detrimental to your wallet!!

Don't wait till your out through arrivals, what to do is while your waiting on your cases arriving, pop over to the widow on the inside of the baggage reclaim area and pick up your keys then.  Saves waiting twice.

BrianM

Well just back and would never do Hertz again. I had pre booked and prepaid a car at £59 once there i had the choice of having a 670 euro hold on my card or pay an additional 77 euro collision damage waiver. The I was charged a furthe 70 euros for a full tank of petrol of which we only used half and no refund on return. So moral of the story stick with Payless or Top Car.

djk99

Fair play to you Brian for giving others a 'heads up' on this. As I said earlier some of these 'deals' are not all they seem. I find it strange that airlines etc are required by law to show their final price up front, but, when it comes to car rental it seems anything goes. I didn't take out their additional insurance, but, have a third party annual car rental insurance, which cuts the price considerably.... but, they will still get you on the petrol options....... Out of curiosity, how much did the tank hold ?  As they seem to have a double whammy here....overcharge you for a full tank..AND...keep what you don't use  to overcharge the next customer with !!

chinahand

Hertz in Fuerte is an ' affiliate' wonderful american term.......this seems to mean that when things go awry Hertz international who you may well think  you are dealing with do not want to know , will do nothing to help AVOID HERTZ on Fuerte like the plague I would rather use orlando than Hertz and how desperate is that !

timelord

I agree with the comments and would never ever use Hertz car hire again. They will rip you off and as I have discovered via various review web sites they have a really bad reputation for fleecing customers and providing really poor customer service. Probably explains their affilation with Ryanair.