ATM machines - Esquinzo area

Started by poppyseeds, March 16, 2013, 13:40:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

poppyseeds

We are visiting Esquinzo next week and wondered whether there was an ATM about in the area, or would it be best to get some euros from the airport.  We do have euros with us but it is just in case.

I don't have to worry about charges as I get my money from the machines without charge and it is a better rate than tourist exchange..  good old Santander.

Thanks Pete

notdeadfred

There's one just inside the front doors of the Fuerteventura Princess hotel, at reception. (at least there was last May when we were there). Don't know about the other hotels in the area. I usually get a some for starters at the airport though, just in case.

poppyseeds

We are not staying at the F P but near enough to walk to.

Thanks for info.

Pete

dampsquib

I've never actually used the machine in the FP, but I assume it is still there. I think I was put off using it couple of years ago, when I spotted that an additional fee was payable to the machine's operators. If I'm remembering correctly, this was in addition to potential bank charges, which the OP could avoid. I waited until I went shopping along the coast in Jandia.
On my recent visit, I managed with out a machine.

notdeadfred

That's correct there is a €2 ATM fee per transaction, regardless of amount. So once or twice a fortnight I don't think this is too bad for the convenience of getting your cash on the doorstep. Also I use a preloaded Euro Cash Passport for which there are no transaction fees when withdrawing.

poppyseeds

Thanks all for info... I will get some from the airport before leaving.

Cant wait till we get there on wednesday.

Pete n Poppy xx