ZKTV

Started by decho, October 27, 2014, 16:33:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TamaraEnLaPlaya

Quote from: Ironworks on October 03, 2015, 16:26:39 PM

Some people want free/cheap, and to get free/cheap they are prepared to a: faff around with convoluted or hacked together solutions and b: sacrifice ease of use and reliability.

Some people want the aforementioned ease of use and reliability, and will pay a premium to get it.

The answer you get to "which is the best system" often depends on which of the above camps you are in, and also which camp the person answering is in.

I think your comment about 'camps' is probably very true but considering the ZKTV packages start from around just £6 per month I wouldn't say you pay a premium to get it - you pay far, far less than a SKY package in the UK but you do get a premium service from Paul.

I'm definitely in the 'easy' camp these days! I spent many years as a Microsoft certified trainer (SharePoint, PowerPoint, Visio, Excel, Publisher, Outlook, Word) so I'm sure I could work it all out using an Android box if I had to but I'm happy to keep others in gainful employment and put my feet up/mouse out to grass! Very glad I came across ZKTV who can do it all for me!

Baldy

Quote from: TamaraEnLaPlaya on October 06, 2015, 22:34:18 PM
Quote from: Baldy on October 05, 2015, 14:45:43 PM

Does anyone have a web address for ZKTV please?

Tried the email tvtenerife@hotmail.com but that just kept bouncing back.

Thanks

Hi Baldy
These are the various contacts I have:

Paul who is the agent for the islands is on

TVtenerife@hotmail.com
and/or
Paul@zktv.co

ZKTV can be found at
ZKTV.INFO
http://www.zurich-kabel-tv.ch/

their email is ....
Zurich-Kabel-Tv@email.ch

Thanks Tamara my neighbour has now made contact with Paul from ZKTV

TamaraEnLaPlaya

Quote from an email sent by a very satisfied new customer to ZKTV today:
'At long last we have a TV we can watch without interruption thanks to ZKTV,, we have changed provider after 18 months of stress from  Europa, to ZKTV ,,,wonderful people,  :D  thank you Paul..'

Terry M

Weren't they the people that spread malicious propaganda about Sky no longer being available in Fuerteventura after June this year. I guess you have to spread rumours to get business at times. Maybe they meant next year or the year after etc.

Spike On Q

White Label IPTV. Compare their offer, their transmission of live TV is faultless and includes ALL of the sports channels. They also have 24/7 live chat support in English which is excellent. Highly recommended, but don't forget they are non bona fides so pay monthly in case they disappear

malabu

Absolutely no comparison to ZK tv, to start the price is 90.00 euro for the same period, i don't see any catch up, and if you want full programs there is a further cost and set top box, with ZK what you see is what you get, and the support from Paul is just unreal. 

decho

Well I will be sticking with ZKTV then😊

gattaca66

I have tried kodi etc. If you have the time and patience to fiddle about with constantly changing configurations, buffering etc, I'm sure it's brilliant. I now use zktv.... I switch on the tv, choose my channel from an on-screen menu and watch. I have access to scores of films and series/box sets, and can watch any programme from any channel broadcast over the past two weeks. It costs me â,¬25 a month, no buffering, and I'm happy to pay it for the ease of use. Yes, you probably can find much of this via kodi etc, but for me life is just too darned short, I have better things to do! Each to his own!

decho

Couldn't have put it better myself😊

Terry M

The main downside to ZKTV is that they were adamant that they would never include Sky channels in their package.

Stone Free

Quote from: Terry M on November 30, 2015, 19:17:06 PM
The main downside to ZKTV is that they were adamant that they would never include Sky channels in their package.

UK TV France include Sky channels using a MAG box:

http://www.uktvfrance.net/

16.99â,¬ per month for sports channels

and

26.99â,¬ per month including movie channels.

Catch-up TV is included on many but not all channels and it's only for 7 days.

TamaraEnLaPlaya

Just helped my elderly neighbour change from Europa, who were totally unreliable and getting more and more expensive,  over to ZKTV. As part of the change she is now getting 16mb download speed, twice what she was getting before, for the same price. I've also noticed there are some other channels in the 100 channel ZKTV offer:
-Discovery
-Discovery Science
-Discovery Turbo
-Animal Planet
-National Geographic
-Gold
-Dave
-Drama
-Watch
-Yesterday
-Quest
-Really

decho

Another satisfied customer then? 😊

TamaraEnLaPlaya

The longer, cooler evenings have had us watching more TV than normal - seen some great films over Christmas courtesy of ZKTV's VOD (and they have been v.good quality!):

SPECTRE - brilliant - have been on tenterhooks waiting for this one, as good as I had hoped for.
Bridge of Spies - Steven Spielberg, set during the Cold War.
Danish Girl - interesting, glad I watched it, wouldn't bother again though unlike other films.
Joy - Good, but then anything with Robert de Niro normally is.
The Martian - Directed by Ridley Scott, with Matt Damon - loved this, especially poignant with Tim Peake up in Space at the moment.
Bone Tomahawk - horror Western.
Creed - aka Rocky VII, not really my thing but friends enjoyed it.
In the Heart of the Sea - I really liked this, inspired Moby Dick.
The Hateful Eight - the latest Quentin Tarantino.

Stone Free

Quote from: TamaraEnLaPlaya on December 27, 2015, 00:35:47 AM
The longer, cooler evenings have had us watching more TV than normal - seen some great films over Christmas courtesy of ZKTV's VOD (and they have been v.good quality!):

SPECTRE - brilliant - have been on tenterhooks waiting for this one, as good as I had hoped for.
Bridge of Spies - Steven Spielberg, set during the Cold War.
Danish Girl - interesting, glad I watched it, wouldn't bother again though unlike other films.
Joy - Good, but then anything with Robert de Niro normally is.
The Martian - Directed by Ridley Scott, with Matt Damon - loved this, especially poignant with Tim Peake up in Space at the moment.
Bone Tomahawk - horror Western.
Creed - aka Rocky VII, not really my thing but friends enjoyed it.
In the Heart of the Sea - I really liked this, inspired Moby Dick.
The Hateful Eight - the latest Quentin Tarantino.

How much is the subscription to view these films?

Unless I'm missing something, there is no subscription info on their website:

annalivia

If you download the Showbox app you get them for free

TamaraEnLaPlaya

Quote from: Stone Free on December 29, 2015, 13:55:06 PM

How much is the subscription to view these films?

Unless I'm missing something, there is no subscription info on their website:

I asked them and they said - "the VOD section comes from Cali and is not operated from Switzerland, it is charged at â,¬7 a month." You can ask direct at informacion@zktv.co

Terry M

Stone Free - if you have an Android box you can watch the latest films for free. I watched Spectre 6 weeks ago on Genesis.

woe10

My Android Box works perfectly with 6 mb.

Subscribe to Netflix for 7 euros / month per month and get 100's of great films.

Everything else free. 

Lulabell

looks like bad news for watching UK netflix
luckily i have ZKTV VOD with Queen of the desert starring Nicole Kidmn with Damian Lewis and the new X-files to watch tonight
https://media.netflix.com/en/company-blog/evolving-proxy-detection-as-a-global-service

Terry M

Can't say I've heard of this, we're not into TV series, but each to his/her own. We'll be watching live football, followed by the Australian Open Tennis.

Ironworks

Firstly, Tamara, please stop with the whole "I'm such a happy ZKTV customer I simply had to share my experience and recommend them" nonsense.

Don't you work with ZKTV and profit from selling it?

What's most irritating is that whole pushy 'buy buy buy' pitch isn't even necessary, because ZKTV is good and will earn natural and genuine recommendation if you, and other ZKTV sellers on here before you, would simply wind your necks in.

Secondly, the VOD service on ZKTV that is being 'endorsed' currently is actually pretty poor value. Yes there are new movie releases on there, many before they even get to the cinema, but the quality on some of them is tragically bad 'recorded on a camcorder in the cinema' stuff that is barely watchable.

There are invariably far better copies available, for free, using websites like www.kickass.to and similar torrent or movie streaming sites.

That all said, the basic ZKTV plus catchup package is superb. Reliable and well worth the money just for the convenience alone.

Just take Tamaras gushing over the top endorsements for what they are - a slightly tacky and largely uneccessary sales pitch.

P.S. After 3 years here, we've pretty much drilled down our 'reliable and perfect for our needs' â,¬30 per month TV system to ZKTV for live UK TV and catch-up, with Netflix for everything else.

That said, I can fully understand that some are on a tighter budget, so the slightly less accessible and user-friendly KODI / Android alternatives are an attractive 'free' option - but in my experience, they're an almighty pain in the bum that quickly negates any cost-savings.

Lulabell

I have posted on here several times about the good service we have received from ZKTV, whether you choose to use them is your decision, I am not trying to brain wash anyone into going to ZKTV, but I've asked paul about your questions and he has told me the following ...

All the films on ZKTV VOD say they are LOW QUALITY  or CINEMA QUALITY before you view

when a better copy is available then the old one is replaced and the film jumps to the top of the list

some people want the film now ,some wish to wait a month or two for a better copy

There is no better copy in the world  on any website or torrent then we provide 

ZKTV US SERIES show episodes within 24 hours of broadcast in NEW YORK sometime months ahead of SKY

and along with the UK BOX SETS of GRANTCHESTER ,HAPPY VALLEY,BENIDORM,and classics like COLDITZ ,AUF PET etc ,

overall very good value for 5 pounds a month

Plus we have to say, when we have had problems, Paul has been there for us within the hour and managed to sort things out..... We are just speaking as we find.

Lulabell

DaveW

The ZTV tv channels now offer about 600 channels which include of old and newish TV shows and a number of sports channels offering coverage of all premiership games (some of these are not broadcast in English) live and other sports at no extra costs.
The sports channels provide Sky sports, BT sports and other quality English speaking channels at 15 euros a month.

TamaraEnLaPlaya

Quote from: Ironworks on March 13, 2016, 14:57:24 PM
Firstly, Tamara, please stop with the whole "I'm such a happy ZKTV customer I simply had to share my experience and recommend them" nonsense.

Don't you work with ZKTV and profit from selling it?

Hands up - I tried a few days of telephone sales last summer but soon realised it wasn't for me, so no, I don't profit from selling it, I'm simply a very satisfied customer.

Just take Tamaras gushing over the top endorsements for what they are - a slightly tacky and largely uneccessary sales pitch.

I don't think I've ever gushed in my life!  :D

decho

If I can just add that it was me that started this post and I HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO CONNECTION WITH ZTKV WHATSOEVER. I merely started this thread to provide information to others about an excellent service if you want UKTV. I did previously use Filmon but found that friends and family who use my place just found it too compicated and also subject to buffering.
There are other companies provide this kind of service who are maybe equally as good and people are welcome to post their experiences.

Ole Man River

Just a quick comment, that we have suffered a dreadful weekend on ZKTV. Constant freezing & pixels were really infuriating. Contacted them by email (not Paul I think - not very good English) to be told eventually, too many people using the internet & don't have all your Wifis on at the same time! Looking at better routes to get round the problems apparently.
It's Ok this morning?  :(  8)

Ole Man River

Did anyone else have problems?  8)

beachlife

On the same manzana as you and some pixelation at the weekend, but no more than normal. Certainly not excessive or making me thinking of changing from ZKTV .

Ole Man River

Not thinking of changing either. Just wondered what happened. It's Ok today, they advised rebooting the router & their box so I did. 8)