Cotillo Sunset Apartments ? ? El Cotillo

Started by duncolm, October 15, 2012, 11:43:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

duncolm

Just got back after a two week stay here. It`s a smallish 2 star complex at the Lagoons end of El Cotillo. It's about a 10 minute walk from the centre of the village, and has access directly onto the beach.
There are 34 apartments divided upstairs and downstairs in two blocks. Rooms 1 to 8 are to be particularly coveted and worth paying a supplement for. They`re upstairs with balconies directly above the beach, looking out on the setting sun.
What we found:
• The staff are friendly and helpful. As we were leaving on an evening flight we were told to keep the room ‘til mid-afternoon and spend the morning on the beach.
• The rooms are spacious with plenty room for beds, settee, table and chairs.
• The balcony on our upstairs room was big enough, and had a plastic table and chairs and a parasol. Lower flats get a terrace area.
• The kitchen facility has a 2 ring cooker, microwave, fridge, plenty of pots and pans, crockery and cutlery.
• The television has satellite and terrestrial digital stations. We didn`t find any English language channels. Perhaps this could have been fixed, but we didn`t care enough to enquire. • Rooms are cleaned and towels/bedding changed several times a week.
• There is no air conditioning. When sleeping with the balcony door open there`s a bit of noise from the surf.
• The pool area between the two blocks is well sheltered from the wind. There`s a small swimming pool, spa pool and childrens pool. There are plenty sunloungers and it never seems to get busy. This isn`t surprising as you can step out of the back gate straight onto a soft sandy beach with swimming lagoon…

In conclusion â€" we`ll be happy to stay here again, and I expect we will.

Restored review from 2012

Windermeregolfer

Just returned from a very relaxing 4 night stay at Cotillo Sunset, our second stay at this peaceful and well maintained apartment complex right on the beach.

Omar the owner / manager and his team are very helpful we plan to return in February 2016.

See website for very accurate images and information - http://cotillosunset.com/en

MinRich

So what is the complexes view on naturists and the use of the pool and surroundings as far as naturists are concerned. I expect it isn't very naturist friendly or we would have heard it was .

duncolm

The information sheet given out makes it clear that nudity in not acceptable in the complex.
No one seems to push the boundaries. During times I've stayed there I haven't even seen a topless lady....