Flight costs

Started by spitfire58, November 03, 2017, 01:00:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spitfire58

Anyone know why Ryanair flight costs from Fuerte back to UK are usually a lot dearer than the flights out ?? Just curious 😀😀

Will196

paully

Sadly its standard practice within the airline industry, but more so within the so called Lo Cost sphere. You`ll notice it particularly if you book out from the UK and return on a different carrier. The prices can be eyewatering.

Oh they have many reasons why they do this, non of them true..Its just charging what they think the market will pay wherever they find opportunities.

Better, more honest, pricing if you return via Barcelona or Madrid with Spanish carriers
I HATE computer thingyss

dagwood

I Just did a quick comparison from Ireland out to Fuerteventura and I used (for no particular reason) Sat 13th January return on Sat 27th January  and as Jet2 only fly to Fuerteventura from Belfast Int. I used it for Jet2 and Dublin for the other two.
      Jet2 59stg out 95stg return inc Discount  reserve a seat  from 10 stg EW
Air Lingus  101.99euro out 100.99euro return reserve a seat from 11.98 euro  EW
      Ryanair 50.39euro out 67.19euro return.  reserve a seat from   3.00 euro EW

All afternoon flight times out approx. Midnight return. 

Yes Spitfire with the exception of Air Lingus it is more expensive to fly out than back on that day. On some other dates that Air Lingus or Jet2 don't fly to Fuerteventura: for example  Fri 12 January return Fri 26th January, Ryanair are substantially cheaper on the return flight up to 18% in this cases.

spitfire58

So in other words it has nothing to do with higher take-off charges etc. It`s more a case of “we will make you pay dearly after your jolly cause we know you can`t get around it” !!! Typical business, they love it when they have you over a barrel !!!

paully

Try booking a one way out of FUE to anywhere you like, and you will see the price escalate way beyond the sector price of a return with the same airline. It applies to even Ryanair. I know I`ve done the sums. Some might call it currency exchange..........I call it theft!!
I HATE computer thingyss

dagwood

Did it once the time of the ash cloud and it was the same as the return leg about â,¬50 if memory serves me. That was Air Lingus. A friend of mine went back to Cork last year before their holiday was over I booked it for him â,¬40 and travelled the same day with Ryanair.
I know that normally the closer you get to the travel date the more expensive it the flights become with all of them.
That said I remember paying almost two weeks wages to fly Dublin to Heathrow return in the late 70s in a half full plane .     

suendrob

Could this be the reason there are so many tight-fi*ted whingeing Brits living on the Island?
They wouldn't pay the bit extra for the return half of the ticket?
Another case of false economy, I think  :D  :D

Can the Man

Quote from: dagwood on November 03, 2017, 12:41:16 PM

That said I remember paying almost two weeks wages to fly Dublin to Heathrow return in the late 70s in a half full plane .     

As do I Dagwood, many a flight from Dublin to LHR or LGW at what would now e considered outrageous prices, 3-400 pounds as it was then.

spitfire58

Quote from: paully on November 03, 2017, 11:34:16 AM
Try booking a one way out of FUE to anywhere you like, and you will see the price escalate way beyond the sector price of a return with the same airline. It applies to even Ryanair. I know I`ve done the sums. Some might call it currency exchange..........I call it theft!!

I have looked at that before (but only Ryanair) & haven`t seen any difference. Must have another look

dagwood

Quote from: paully on November 03, 2017, 11:34:16 AM
I checked Eazyjet prices for the above dates in euro (13th to 27th January)  but from Liverpool and they were â,¬104.02 out and return â,¬63.52 reserve a seat from â,¬4.99 each way.
BUT to book one way from Fuerteventura to Liverpool on January 27Th  it costs â,¬74.58 an increase of â,¬11.06 while Ryanair's price for a one way to Dublin remained the same at â,¬67.19  Air Lingus also remained at â,¬100.99 for that day
Jet2 from Fuerteventura to Belfast on the same day â,¬115 as against 95stg . Not bad taking an average future exchange rate. Eazyjet seem to be the one that's out order on this example. 

spirefolks

I just bagged a bargain with Ryanair. Bhx-Fue £24.99 each and Fue-Lba â,¬28.99 each. Happy days. Live in Chesterfield and therefore midway between Bhx and Lba and I work on the railway so negligible train fares. See you in March!
thanks