Taxi Cost

Started by arnieculane1, March 25, 2013, 17:15:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arnieculane1

How much euro from Tres Islas to El Coltillo  Lagoons

Magoo

In the nude, or clothed?

arnieculane1

Nude young man always nude . Just wanted to see if it was worth renting a place there for a month , but was worried it might be a dead hole

Arnie n Dawn

TripleH

Definitely a dead hole, stay where you are  :D

Magoo

A 3.5mile taxi ride was about €9 in Jandia. Don't know how much of that was a standard charge. However, nice as ElCotillo is, I think that cabin fever would be setting in after a couple of weeks

Voldermort

The other problem would be getting a cab out of El Cotillo as there are no taxis based there, you have to call one from Correlejo...not cheap...

hairybiker

You'll find a plastic display thing on the left hand end of the Tres Islas reception desk which give the prices (approx) from the hotel to just about anywhere of note on the island

isleswing

Quote from: arnieculane1 on March 25, 2013, 18:58:52 PM

Nude young man always nude . Just wanted to see if it was worth renting a place there for a month , but was worried it might be a dead hole

Arnie n Dawn

The taxi driver will make you sit on your towel in his car, but, otherwise, no problem.

jg

I have been 3 weeks in El Cotillo without being bored. There is no nightlife whatsoever, but that does not bother me.
These days I do a fortnight in Corralejo followed by a fortnight in El Cotillo.
The best way to visit El Cotillo from Corralejo is the hourly bus service - very reliable.
JG

arnieculane1

how long is the bus journey , and do you have far to walk when you get there

jg

Quote from: arnieculane1 on March 27, 2013, 19:15:23 PM
how long is the bus journey , and do you have far to walk when you get there
The bus usually takes about 45 minutes and the El Cotillo terminus is about 1/4 mile from the cove where I do most of my naked swimming.
The other coves stretch for about a mile up the coast towards the lighthouse with those usually reckoned best for naturism about halfway.
JG

jonesesjourneys

Arnie

The No6 bus to Corralejo leaves Puerto del Rosario 'on the hour' and 'on the half hour', so will get to the Tres Islas Bus Stop at about 25 past and 5 to the hour respectively.
You'll be better off catching the 'on the hour' bus as you will then only have to wait for some 20 minutes for the No8 bus to El Cotillo at Corralejo Bus Station as it runs every hour, 'on the hour'.
Cost per person will be roughly 1.30 Euro from Tres Islas to Corrie and 3 Euro from Corrie to El Cotillo, both each way.
You can reduce these fares by 30% by buying a Bono Card from the bus driver: they cost 1 Euro and you load it with a minimum of 15 Euro.
There are only two bus stops in El Cotillo: one at the football ground and one at the Cotillo Beach Hotel.
Get off at the Cotillo Beach Hotel (which is the Terminus anyway) then, looking at the sea, turn right past the Hotel and stop at whatever beach takes your fancy!
Buses back from El Cotillo are again every hour 'on the hour' with the last one at 20.00, so don't miss it!!

JJ

we love fuerte

The price is 28euros from the hotel we had to get the last bus back as  no taxis and only 2 other people on the bus.

jg

Quote from: we love fuerte on April 04, 2013, 15:06:46 PM
The price is 28euros from the hotel we had to get the last bus back as  no taxis and only 2 other people on the bus.
That is a very good point - in ten years of visiting El Cotillo for a fortnight every year I have only once seen a taxi on the taxi rank.
If you want a taxi back you will have to book it and pay through the nose.
JG

suendrob

Quote from: jg on April 04, 2013, 19:09:42 PM
Quote from: we love fuerte on April 04, 2013, 15:06:46 PM
That is a very good point - in ten years of visiting El Cotillo for a fortnight every year I have only once seen a taxi on the taxi rank.
If you want a taxi back you will have to book it and pay through the nose.

There's a taxi rank???? Where?

duncolm

Quote from: suendrob on April 04, 2013, 20:39:56 PM

There's a taxi rank???? Where?

Next to the Campo de Futbal, I think

isleswing

I love Google Earth.

You can read T
                   A
                   X                     
                   I   painted ( twice ! ! ) on the road by the bus stop on that incredibly wide main road passing the sports ground.

Has anyone ever seen a car waiting? Obviously, there may be one after a game, of course, but any other time?

jg

Quote from: isleswing on April 05, 2013, 10:48:53 AM
I love Google Earth.

You can read T
                   A
                   X                     
                   I   painted ( twice ! ! ) on the road by the bus stop on that incredibly wide main road passing the sports ground.

Has anyone ever seen a car waiting? Obviously, there may be one after a game, of course, but any other time?
Once in ten years, as I said above.  :'( :o ::)
JG

isleswing

Nobody else seen a taxi on the rank, then?
Mind you, in the last n years, I'd never even spotted that there is a taxi rank there, even though it's written on the road in letters big enough to be seen from space - well, Google Earth at least.

arnieculane1

Looks like we shall just hire a car for the day and head over the hill , so the next question is who to hire a car from

jg

Quote from: arnieculane1 on April 06, 2013, 18:21:50 PM

Looks like we shall just hire a car for the day and head over the hill , so the next question is who to hire a car from
I can't see the point in hiring a car when it will involve just as much walking as catching the bus.
Using the bus service you will be able to enjoy a decent lunch in the beach bar wearing just a light wrap with a couple of beers or some wine  without needing to worry about driving back.
If you need so much kit on the beach that you need a car boot, why not get a large wheeled shopping trolley - it costs a lot less than  hire car for a day and the buses have vast luggage compartments.

Map showing approximate position of bus stops for El Cotillo.
JG

brizzle

Quote from: jg on April 07, 2013, 10:31:08 AM
Quote from: arnieculane1 on April 06, 2013, 18:21:50 PM

....I can't see the point in hiring a car when it will involve just as much walking as catching the bus....
Not necessarily - I have managed to park extremely close to a lagoon so just a short amble onto the sand, but yes if a tipple or three with lunch is the order of the day then bus is best, but then I only take snacks/water for the day to consume where I am sunbathing with no need to cover up, and only drink alcohol in the evening, so happy to have a hire car as can just drive from beach back to accommodation at own leisure without adhering to a timetable nor having to walk far - each to their own.
And I recommend Cicar or Cabrera Medina (or make friends with someone at the hotel with a hire car to catch a lift esp as it is only for a day :) )

jg

You forgot the walk to the hire base,
JG

brizzle

Quote from: jg on April 10, 2013, 20:30:48 PM
You forgot the walk to the hire base,
Quite true as I always hire from the Airport for the duration of my holiday so I can go places that buses and taxis don't go. Certainly with Cicar/CM and possibly other companies you can request that they can deliver and pick up the car from your accommodation if booking online in advance, but it seems you need to hire for a minimum of 3 days to do that, so for just a day visit it seems best for Arnie to bus it after all.

jg

Quote from: brizzle on April 10, 2013, 20:44:20 PM
.. .. .. .. ..  so for just a day visit it seems best for Arnie to bus it after all.
or take a taxi to and from the hire base.   ;)
JG

isleswing

Here's an idea, if you don't have a car. Bus there, taxi back late.

Take your beach shelter, sarongs etc, you will be a long way from civilisation.

Get the bus to El Cotillo. If you get off at the sports ground, there's a Inpescasa supermarket on the corner. Or go to the only other stop (bus station, soon to be rebuilt!!), and there's a couple of local shops up the road to your left. This is your last chance to buy anything.

Walk northwards - easy, keep the sea on your left - keep going till you see the beach bar. Join the sand there. Maybe a spot of lunch?

That's a good beach, but rather textile. Simply follow the water. The path goes up over various small headlands. Next you come to El Caleton bay. Lovely. Then just keep going as far as you want. There are several beaches, all wonderful, with plenty of space to spread out.

Just enjoy your day - you can't fail.

If you stay at the beach long enough, enjoy the sunset with a bottle of wine.

When you've finally had enough, head back towards the town.

You may want to try Azzurro, the excellent restaurant on the road opposite the beach bar turning.

Make sure you walk past the front of the Cotillo Beach Hotel. Now you're on the main street.

There's a bar at the top of the hill, which is a bit local, really, but from there you can explore the town. Head off generally to your right. Don't worry if you lose your way, the street blocks are so small, you're never more than 30m from a turning with something interesting.

Ideally, head for the Old Harbour - tip - follow signs for Vaca Azul (Blue Cow).Look carefully, and you'll see El Toston (also signed Harbour View) bar/restaurant overlooking the harbour - it's partly hidden, but next to El Capitan. Have a drink there, Alan and Gail (Gayle?) are very social, and maybe try some of Gail's cooking  as well. You might have seen some other, very good, restaurants on your wandering.
There's not a dud, except possibly the one (name escapes me) right in front of El Toston, though that suits a lot of people, we find it very commercial with off-hand service.

I'm sure that any Restaurant or bar will phone Corralejo for a cab for you, but remember, it takes a good half-hour to get there.

By staying for the evening, you'll get a completely different experience to Corralejo, as well as helping the town's economy, not to mention the fantastic Sunsets.

NB This is not a blatant plug for El Toston. It's just that it's the friendliest British speaking and owned bar, without being too 'British Pub'. Also in a great position.

capricornukuk

We have just come back from fuerteventura and twice we went el cottilo by bus no problem and cheap nice change from the dunes tranquil beach when tide goes out some lovely lagoons,

We found a nice pod later in the day bottle of wine looking out at the Atlantic and the :)