ethernet cable

Started by fatherted, January 11, 2019, 15:15:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fatherted

I'm in need of an Ethernet cable 10-12 mts in length, Can anyone recommend a place to purchase one? I'm in Corralejo.TIA

dagwood

Possibly in a Chinese bazaar..I have seen them in the one at the roundabout as you leave  correlajo heading for the new motorway. Hope this helps.

fatherted

Quote from: dagwood on January 11, 2019, 16:54:13 PM
Possibly in a Chinese bazaar..I have seen them in the one at the roundabout as you leave  correlajo heading for the new motorway. Hope this helps.

Thanks for that.

fourthwisemonkey

Or ask nicely in antennas corralejo and they will make you one to the exact length.
Some of the chinese ones are not the best although usually OK.

spitfire58

Quote from: fourthwisemonkey on January 12, 2019, 09:36:19 AM
Or ask nicely in antennas corralejo and they will make you one to the exact length.
Some of the chinese ones are not the best although usually OK.

That sounds like a great idea 4WM. Have they done this for you, or just heard of them doing it ? Cable would likely be better quality as well

fourthwisemonkey

Hernan at Antenna Corralejo sells the cable and connectors. Pretty sure no problem to knock you up a cable if not busy. 5 min job if you have the crimper etc. I do my own but usually buy the cable and connectors from them. Got various cables CatV interior/exterior and Cat VI as well (also sells the clips for clipping to the wall (ask for grappas).

His english is very limited so might be worth prepping what you need in spanish first if you dont speak the lingo

Something on the lines of 14 metros de cable de red (CatV) interior y por favor (always helps) ¿Es posible que puedas ponerte los conectores ?

Nice chap so you should have no problems

fatherted

Thanks for the info FWM. It just so happened we called in the little china shop next door to Flintstones and he had a few cat5 cables of various lengths in stock. I got 15mts for â,¬5.90 and it seems to be ok. I'll bear in mind about Antennas just in case I need them in the future. Thanks again.

dagwood

My goodness Fatherted you would really need some sound financial advice before investing that type of dosh to upgrade your IT department 😁😁😁
I`m glad you it got sorted.

fatherted

Quote from: dagwood on January 14, 2019, 00:30:42 AM
My goodness Fatherted you would really need some sound financial advice before investing that type of dosh to upgrade your IT department 😁😁😁

HaHa, I had to think long and hard before taking the giant leap as the 10mts was only â,¬3.90.  but I didn't know if I could stretch it. As us Yorkies say "HOW MUCH"?  :o

spitfire58

Quote from: fatherted on January 14, 2019, 10:22:56 AM
Quote from: dagwood on January 14, 2019, 00:30:42 AM

HaHa, I had to think long and hard before taking the giant leap as the 10mts was only â,¬3.90.  but I didn't know if I could stretch it. As us Yorkies say "HOW MUCH"?  :o

You could have got the ten metre one Ted, leave it out in the sun for a bit & it might stretch 😂🤣😂🤣

dagwood

Well the way I see it is, if a pint glass is approx 4inches in diameter that â,¬5.90 would buy you approx 24 inches or 2ft of pints 🍺 at happy hour. Of course it depends on diameter of the pint glass in use at the time.