Spanish Tax Forms

Started by polkadot, September 19, 2016, 18:57:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

polkadot

Has anybody used spanishtaxforms.co.uk if so how do you rate them? We are looking for recommendations for companies that could deal with our annual non-residents tax  return and the quarterly rental income tax return.

Deso

We have used them before for non residents annual tax and no problems at all.  :D
Regards, Neil
Looking forward to the day I tick the "One way only" box when booking flights to Fuerte. [:)]

beachlife

It is easy to do yourself in the UK. Then when you come over just pay at your bank here anytime  before the 31st December for the previous years tax.

Online form is here :
https://www2.agenciatributaria.gob.es/es13/h/ie32100b.html?idi=EN

I recommend you to go to this site with Internet explorer (IE) as it needs Java and sometimes as chrome doesn`t use java it can be a problem to load the page.

Further information can be found by search my posts on here or by going to page 2 of the website below :
http://www.andalucia.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=25714&start=30

Archer

Hi Beachlife. We have two properties now so do we need two forms (each), or can we combine them into one each? Thanks

And, can we use the English version by modifying your link to 'EN'? or is that just for guidance?  ;)

beachlife

Quote from: archer101 on September 20, 2016, 12:12:43 PM
Hi Beachlife. We have two properties now so do we need two forms (each), or can we combine them into one each? Thanks

And, can we use the English version by modifying your link to 'EN'? or is that just for guidance?  ;)

If you have 2 properties you need to complete a separate return for each property. I`m sure you know that if 2 names are on the deeds, then each person needs to fill a separate form, with the tax being divided by 2.

Sorry checked the link for the forms on my computer but as my default browser is chrome it translated the page to English automatically. Have changed to link to EN. You can of course use the form in English to complete the tax form, I`m sure the Spanish tax agency are happy to accept taxes in any language!

Archer

Hi Beachlife. Finally got down to doing my 210 forms today. Seemed too easy - must have done something wrong!! Who checks the figures or is it on trust?
CV x 19.5% x 1.1%. Pro-rated for part year on one property (x days/365) and 50% for shared property (each). Cheaper than last year!
Thanks a lot for your help.

Ernie

There is a new rule to consider this year for the first time to see whether the multiplier should be 1.1% or 2%.

If your particular Municipio has not updated their list of Catastral Values in the last ten years then you need to use 2%, otherwise it is 1.1%.

This is the case for La Oliva as they last updated them in 1994 so 2% is the correct multiplier. I don't know about elsewhere on the island.

So even though the tax rate has fallen to 19.5% the amount payable has increased for many Municipios.

Taxes never fall .....

HTH

Salbag777

So would it be right, using the 2%, our has gone from just over â,¬70 to just over â,¬100!!! Large increase, using 19.5% as the tax rate

Ernie

Hi Salbag,

The tax rate has dropped by 5 percentage points = good.

But if there has been no revaluation in the last ten years (as is the case for La Oliva) the multiplier has increased from 1.1% to 2% = bad.

The net effect is a big increase in the amount you need to pay.

Your increase is in line with mine so it looks like you have worked it out correctly.

HTH

Ernie

cockney

It used to be the rule that you could only do a self assesment if you only owned one property. If you owned two then you had to use an assesoria.Has that changed?

Ernie

Thought I'd update this thread as it is used by those doing their own self assessment in La Oliva.

All the posts above were for 2015 payable at some point in 2016. Now we are in 2017 and are preparing forms for 2016.

During 2016 my Valor Catastral went up by 21%. I am in El Cotillo, La Oliva. If you are in La Oliva municipality did your VC also go up ? If so was it by the same percentage ? The place to find out is by looking at the .pdf receipt (via online banking) which you received when the 2016 IBIU was taken by Direct Debit in June 2016. The 2016 VC will be on that receipt and can be compared with that used in 2015 and earlier.

But even though it appears many (if not all) properties in La Oliva were revalued in 2016 the Ayuntamiento has not updated its records of such a revaluation (still claiming the last one was in 1994). But a recent revaluation within the last ten years means that a 1.1% tax base can be used when calculating income tax rather than 2%.

So what is the correct tax base to use ? 1.1% because of the revaluation or 2% because La Oliva says we haven't been officially revalued ? Your guess is as good as mine ....

Ernie

beachlife

n case anyone has missed my other post on this issue. I contacted the Spanish tax agency regarding the issue on whether it should be 1.1 or 2 % for La Oliva. The advice from them is that you should use 2% as they consider that La Oliva has not changed the CV in the last 10 years as the Spanish land register shows the last re assessment was in 1993 which was effective in the 1994 tax year.

spitfire58

Quote from: beachlife on September 30, 2017, 23:47:51 PM
n case anyone has missed my other post on this issue. I contacted the Spanish tax agency regarding the issue on whether it should be 1.1 or 2 % for La Oliva. The advice from them is that you should use 2% as they consider that La Oliva has not changed the CV in the last 10 years as the Spanish land register shows the last re assessment was in 1993 which was effective in the 1994 tax year.

Hi beachlife,
So how does that work then if your castoral value is taken from you statement from the council & has no doubt increased but you still have to use the higher tax percentage. Doesn't seem right or fair !!

Ernie

Spitfire asks the right question. What is the point of having a Revaluation Date if you can increase the Catastral Value arbitrarily without classifying it as a revaluation !

I have read of this situation happening a couple of other times elsewhere in Spain on another bulletin board and the authorities can give no answer.

Can anyone else on this thread confirm they also saw their VC increase by 21 % in La Oliva between 2015 and 2016. Thanks in advance.

beachlife

Quote from: spitfire58 on October 01, 2017, 00:28:19 AM
Quote from: beachlife on September 30, 2017, 23:47:51 PM

Hi beachlife,
So how does that work then if your castoral value is taken from you statement from the council & has no doubt increased but you still have to use the higher tax percentage. Doesn't seem right or fair !!

Spot on Spitfire I comply with your logic and the argument I made with the tax office. Their argument is that they take the figure from the official land register. They don`t seem to be capable of moving from this decision even when told the facts. I`m considering sending a written question regarding this issue as perhaps it might get through to an organ grinder rather than the lower ranks on phone support, who might understand the injustice.

I can only imagine that La Oliva have not informed the Spanish land registery of the re assessment or the wheels of the Spanish agencies grind really slower than even we believed.