The hot plate society

Started by dlynas22@aol.com, March 27, 2018, 06:28:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dlynas22@aol.com

Hi
Are you like me? Depressed by the number of restaurants which insist on putting hot food on to cold plates thus forcing you to gulp it down without pleasure before it ends up frozen? As our two- week holiday in Corralejo draws to a close, we succeeded only once in persuading a restaurant to serve up piping hot food on a nice hot plate and that was the Tio Bernabe steak house just through music square. Restaurants which failed to impress included Manolos,  Sanus and Rompeolas to name but a few. If I was a chef and proud of my cooking skills I would refuse to allow the food I cooked to be served on a cold plate or slate. I would be delighted if you could nominate your own choice of restaurant for a Hot Plate award and I will try them out when we come back to Corralejo next year.

dlynas22@aol.com

I now need to add two restaurants who are awarded the coveted Hot Plate award. Step forward LA MAMMA and  CORDON BLEU. The chef at La Mamma personally made sure that our steak arrived on a sizzling brown earthware platter. And the cheerful English lady at Cordon BLEU put some water into our plates, popped them into the microwave and hey presto warm plates for our freshly made tasty breakfast with a front line view to die for! More recommendations welcome!

tigga1958

Spices Indian restaurant in Corralejo serve food on hot plates

Lexeus

I have had a few salads served on hot plates fresh out of the dishwasher if that counts?  :D

I guess the problem is that over half of the year you don't really need to be heating plates, but still I have mentioned this to Spanish friends before, it's funny, they just don't see it as something normal unlike in chilly Britain....