Reynaldos

Started by Beachfun, August 31, 2018, 23:45:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beachfun

Has anyone any information if Reynaldos is still accessible by foot with all these closures, and is this part of the beach still open to the public hopefully someone has info it would be a shame if this caused his business to fail....  :o :o

jg

Judging from this post it is still accessible along the beach from the hotels.
JG

Beachfun

Thank you,  looks as if it might get more restricted as filming goes on has anyone been to Reynaldos....

paully

That would be one serious walk across the sand from the 2 hotels, always assuming that you can find anywhere to park in the vicinity of them. Must be easier going to El Cotillo
I HATE computer thingyss

Beachfun

Hi Paully, everytime we are over usually get taxi to hotels find a spot just by hotels and walk to Reynaldos for something to eat everyday we go so used to walk just wondering if anything to restrict us doing that now and usually naked for walk...  :o :o

fizzy lemonade

Why do you think it may get more restricted Beachfun? Hopefully not, we are there in a few weeks, staying at Tres Islas & would be planning on rambling down that way, will be annoyed if not allowed

Beachfun

I was asking because we don't know either lol! and want to try and find where we can go and where is restricted as it seems to change everyday on Facebook where people can go, hopefully someone has been on this part of the beach fizzy and can tell us it's still fine from trees Islas to Reynaldos ...  :)

fizzy lemonade

The most recent post on TripAdvisor re the road closure says that Reynaldo's is open & accessable albeit very quiet so fingers crossed
The poster also says there's a corden running in line with the rear of the Oliva Beach, not sure if that's beach side or road side of the hotel, hopefully road side

paully

Hi Fizzy

Afaik its the roadside at the rear thats cordened off..Frankly it wouldnt suprise me if all this eco stuff/protest etc is a smokescreen to cover the vast amount of dosh being handed over by Warner Brothers. As soon as filming is over everything will go back to how it was..

Just certain people needing to make sure their tracks are covered...as usual on the Island........or am I just being a tad cynical??
I HATE computer thingyss

jill tie

I think its really unfair to have such disregard for a business in this way.  Reynaldo's must be suffering
badly with the closure.  If it is permanent then the only way would be for Reynaldo's to move (not sure
if its an option or not?).   

paully

Quote from: jill tie on September 04, 2018, 13:09:11 PM
I think its really unfair to have such disregard for a business in this way.  Reynaldo's must be suffering
badly with the closure.  If it is permanent then the only way would be for Reynaldo's to move (not sure
if its an option or not?).

You are right Jill, I bet they are not getting properly compensated, if at all, either
I HATE computer thingyss

Beachfun

We will still walk over to Reynaldos for something to eat as we like the walk but never stay over there but that was always a busy part of the beach and most we saw came from the road down, so with parking and walking imagine it will be really quiet?

fizzy lemonade

Assuming his business is suffering & I'd imagine the majority walking or using the beach down that way while the road is closed are probably nude,  will he change his cover up policy even temporarily?

Beachfun

We walk fizzy but carry light sarongs to wrap round when stopping to eat and never been a problem, wouldn't want to sit on a bare bum seat a way lol!  ;D so can see his point!

fizzy lemonade

Currently staying at the Tres Islas, walked down beyond Reynaldo's, it was very quiet, hardly anybody around.
All the sun beds in front of the two hotels seemed about 50% full, lots were free anyway this afternoon, the last one or two south seemed quite busy with naturists though.
Flag beach also seemed quite, only one couple nude on the sunbeds closest to the Tres Islas, a few other couples dotted around but most sunbeds were empty here so I'd say the road closure is having a negitive affect to visitor numbers, having said that it was absolutely beautiful this afternoon & was great to be back