Best no hassle frre car hire

Started by Beachfun, September 25, 2017, 13:16:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beachfun

Never hired a car on island before and looking for the best reasonable priced operator, that is hassle free no hidden extras or looking for dents to scam money .
thank you for looking or advising us in advance......

suendrob

Go for a local company. Definitely NOT a National/international name, they're only franchises, with a licence to rip-off.

To those to avoid, I'd add the aggregators, such as Rentalcars.com's banner ad, which search all (and usually, only) the big names.

Plenty of people will give you the best names to try.

Can the Man

Quote from: Beachfun on September 25, 2017, 13:16:12 PM
Never hired a car on island before and looking for the best reasonable priced operator, that is hassle free no hidden extras or looking for dents to scam money .
thank you for looking or advising us in advance......

If you read down through the various posts in this section you will see who NOT to go near.

Best options are Autoplus, Autoreisen, Payless.es, CI Cars, Cabrera Medina.

I tend to rent from either Autoplus or Payless.es, all in price, no hidden extras. Also they let you bring the car back with the same fuel level as you got in it on the day you collected, others insist on selling you the tank of fuel.

If you opt for Payless, make sure it is the .es and not .com or you will end up with the American company and more costly.

Have a nice holiday.

decho

Archer

To avoid any confusion, the company 'Autos Pluscar' is what you need. They have their own website. Book with no pre-payment. Change your mind or cancel anytime, no fees.
They meet you in the parking lot at the airport and they have an office and car lot opposite the airport.
No deposit, no scams. Leave the car with the same fuel and walk away.
They only 'extra' if you can call it that, is some people have been charged for cleaning out the car, if they leave it with half the beach inside! Best shake out the mats and you get no problems.
Probably the one company on this forum that is recommended the most.
Oh, and cheap  :D

Beachfun

jaynek65

Deffo Pluscar (http://www.pluscar-fuerteventura.com/booking.php?lang=en)

used them a dozen or so times, prebook, pick up luggage , leave arrivals, cross the road, go to the little booth by the ticket machine, meet the rep, show driving licence, pay, get in car and drive away, If your lucky all in 30mins flat from collecting luggage !

Bring car back with same amount of fuel in it, leave car by ticket machine, put keys and car park ticket under mat, and off you go, How much more simple can it get?

Oh and cheap as well, but nice cars, not clapped out, falling apart, barely legal type :-)

spitfire58

BEWARE.
I am just back & had a car for the first time (online booking) from "Rhodium" hadn't seen them before. Turns out it is GOLDCAR. Wouldn't have touched them if I had known that.
Hire was ok apart from brake pads worn out & grinding. Waited over for an hour to get it with only 4 people in queue. They insisted on a 1400â,¬ deposit as I had my own insurance so just waiting to get that back as car signed back in with no damage.

Mr Boo Boo

Have to agree defo Plus Car, I have used all the major rental companies and found that PC were the best, 108 euros for a weeks hire (Renault Clio New), only issue we had was trying to find them in the car park but that wasn't their fault as there was building work going on, and they had e mailed me to say that they would meet in a different place...  but I didn't get the mail in time...

Can the Man

Just back after a week on the rock, had a Fiat Qubo rented from Plus Car/Auto Plus for â,¬96 all in. Car was in excellent condition, no problems with pick up or drop off. Really very pleased as usual. Highly recommended