Autoplus

Started by cdm82, February 04, 2018, 12:59:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cdm82

Hi, Ive always used Cicar or cabrera Medina or even Payless whichever is the the cheapest and always had excellent service. I am now considering Auto Plus as they are cheaper and they seem to get good reviews on here, however after about 12 years of using the others and never having a problem I am a little nervous of changing . I am looking at booking just basic group B car and just wondered what experiences others have had when booking basic car . Any replies good or bad would be appreciated . Thanks 
cdmccarthy

Windermeregolfer

Quote from: cdm82 on February 04, 2018, 12:59:33 PM
Hi, Ive always used Cicar or cabrera Medina or even Payless whichever is the the cheapest and always had excellent service. I am now considering Auto Plus as they are cheaper and they seem to get good reviews on here, however after about 12 years of using the others and never having a problem I am a little nervous of changing . I am looking at booking just basic group B car and just wondered what experiences others have had when booking basic car . Any replies good or bad would be appreciated . Thanks

cdm82 When do you need to know by?  I have just change to Auto Plus for our next booking next Monday so can report back fully next Tuesday 13/2 the booking process was straight forward and I didn't need to give my driving licence details or a CC number, I did however give our villa address.  Email confirmations with instructions came through with in minutes.
Had been with Top Car for the last 27 months but prices have gone up and Auto plus gave a far better price for our booking.

bedouin

PlusCar operate a good slick service.  Big advantage is usually almost no delay in picking up your car, and no delay at all in returning it.  Last November I had to book with Payless as PlusCar were fully booked, and I had to wait 40 minutes in a queue at the desk, plus I had to take the keys back to the desk and wait again to get a fuel deposit refund.

Logitechtom

Hi,. Always had a good experience with Plus Car. Good prices, good service. Never had any issues with them. Once I had a mechanical breakdown (an orange warning light n the shape of the engine came on and stayed on). On phoning them they assured me I could continue to drive but if I was unhappy they would bring another car out to me in Cotillo. I stuck with the car I had as the warning light was indicating that it needed a service.

The only minor issue was that during the works in the car parking area, they have to keep moving the pick up and drop off point. Just a minor inconvenience.

I have no hesitation in recommending them.

Tom.

Bertie

We are relatively recent converts to Pluscar.  Used to use Topcar Autoreisen but the queues were getting longer and longer and the whole collection process taking too much time.  Go straight into the carpark, meet the Pluscar rep and you will be on the road in ten minutes.  We currently have a Fabia estate which was just under 300 euros for 22 days, it was the vehicle we requested and we are very happy with it.     

Can the Man

I have used AutoPlus or PlusCars as they are sometimes called for years now, at least over 12 times. Never had a problem, highly recommended.

F1REFLY999

Quote from: Can the Man on February 04, 2018, 22:02:34 PM
I have used AutoPlus or PlusCars as they are sometimes called for years now, at least over 12 times. Never had a problem, highly recommended.

Totally agree 8)
La luciérnaga

Please visit www.costacaleta.co.uk

cdm82

Quote from: Windermeregolfer on February 04, 2018, 15:07:48 PM
Quote from: cdm82 on February 04, 2018, 12:59:33 PM

cdm82 When do you need to know by?  I have just change to Auto Plus for our next booking next Monday so can report back fully next Tuesday 13/2 the booking process was straight forward and I didn't need to give my driving licence details or a CC number, I did however give our villa address.  Email confirmations with instructions came through with in minutes.
Had been with Top Car for the last 27 months but prices have gone up and Auto plus gave a far better price for our booking.

Hi, we dont travel until the 20th Feb so would be great if you could feed back your experience when picking up. Thanks 
cdmccarthy

Deso

They do give you a contact number so you can always ring that if you can't find them.

They usually operate from the back of one of the car park office blocks which are easy to spot on the car park.
If you cross the road from arrivals and go up the stairs/ramp, you will see the pay station office facing you.
If they are not there, walk up the car park towards departures and there is another block in front of you.
Regards, Neil
Looking forward to the day I tick the "One way only" box when booking flights to Fuerte. [:)]

Windermeregolfer

Worked as Deso described for us on Monday, they were at the meeting point station opposite the southern exit from the arrivals hall.

Good car only 4400Km on clock and over at least 150â,¬ cheaper than any other company for our 69 day hire.

paully

Quote from: Windermeregolfer on February 15, 2018, 08:42:11 AM
Worked as Deso described for us on Monday, they were at the meeting point station opposite the southern exit from the arrivals hall.

Good car only 4400Km on clock and over at least 150â,¬ cheaper than any other company for our 69 day hire.

What sort of car did you get?
I HATE computer thingyss

F1REFLY999

La luciérnaga

Please visit www.costacaleta.co.uk

cdm82

Quote from: Windermeregolfer on February 15, 2018, 08:42:11 AM

Thanks for that , however unfortunately ,when I went ot book on the 4th they had none of the cheaper cars available and the price was then the same as Cicar, so booked with them , however would give them a go next time . 
cdmccarthy

Can the Man

Just back from Fuerteventura, had a brand new Fiat Qubo on rent from Auto plus for 9 days for â,¬123. Less than 1000km on the clock. Excellent hire despite a bit of confusion on pick up.

willie5094

Do Pluscar take cash, and do they take a copy of your credit/debitcard. What is the score with insurance excess, is it worth buying an excess insurance before leaving the UK....

paully

AFAIK only Cicar and Payless desks at the airport takes cash. Autoplus say they now take debit as well as credit cards. I`d recommend you take both, just in case one doesnt work for some reason. Insurance excess with Autoplus is zero and in respect of the general hire you wouldnt need a uk policy. However only Cicar cover everything and in common with all other hirers you are responsible for misfuelling, loss of keys, undercarriage damage and tyres etc..up to you..
I HATE computer thingyss

willie5094

Thanks Paully for the answer, I have actually jut booked a car with Pluscar for August and asked the question about payment and they only take credit or debit cards.