Balcony situation in Jandia?

Started by Will196, February 28, 2018, 11:20:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will196

Okay I know only some of the hotels have naturist pools etc but what's the situation on the balconies? Is it acceptable? If the wind or weather isn't great the balcony can be the only choice.

Logitechtom

Depends on the balcony!!

If you can do so discretely, no problems. If your balcony is overlooked by many other rooms or is in full view of the pool/restaurant/street, you may be asked to cease.

As always, it's a question of using common sense and respecting other people.

Tom.

Will196

Fair enough. Just seems strange when across the street it's fairly common
thanks

luvfuert

Having stayed at the Monte Marina naturist resort, many of the balconies - which are an open area - are in full view of anyone who walks past - many are on the ground level. Also the pool area is in full view of any one who is staying in certain areas of the Marina Playa. As with the rest of the Island, there doesn't seem to be a defining set of rules regarding nudity? Yes, common sense should be used but it is still a confusing area.

bedouin

I'd imagine that, as long as you're not doing anything deliberately offensive, nobody would really care whether you're dressed or not.

paully

Quote from: bedouin on February 28, 2018, 21:48:15 PM
I'd imagine that, as long as you're not doing anything deliberately offensive, nobody would really care whether you're dressed or not.

Absolutely agree particularly in the southern part of the Island. However if you tried it in the, shall we say` central resorts , the howls of anger, abuse,threats and ripping up of the Sun and Mirror newspapers(?) would be heard clearly in Jandia  ;D ;D
I HATE computer thingyss

luvfuert

Not sure what you mean by `across the street' Will or which part of the island your staying in? If you haven't visited the south then try it out, I stay in the south because it is so laid back.

Will196

The hotels from say Centro Comercial Cosmo to the whale skeleton are not much more than a short stroll across the street to the beach. That whole stretch of beach is C/O.

luvfuert

Agree with Bedouin, give it a try and see if there is any negative response. They can only ask you to stop? I've seen people naked on their balcony many times - as I have been. It didn't seem unusual to me and I didn't get any complaints, though as suggested I was discreet.

Magoo

Quote from: luvfuert on February 28, 2018, 15:10:06 PM
Having stayed at the Monte Marina naturist resort, many of the balconies - which are an open area - are in full view of anyone who walks past - many are on the ground level. Also the pool area is in full view of any one who is staying in certain areas of the Marina Playa. As with the rest of the Island, there doesn't seem to be a defining set of rules regarding nudity? Yes, common sense should be used but it is still a confusing area.

Ah the notorious rooms 49 & 50! Ideal for the client who has exhibitionist tendencies.

Jimjo

We normally stay at Club Jandia Princess and i never wear anything, once inside our room. We both sit naked on the balcony but we are not overlooked as we have never had a ground floor room. When walking around the room, we can be seen from those opposite, should they stand and look in, but as its only a split second, as we move form A to B, it no longer bothers us.