Origo Mare - what's the latest story?

Started by Archer, October 31, 2017, 20:25:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Archer

Took a trip up to Cotillo/Majanicho today, first for a long time. Noticed that Origo Mare seems to be open and well used. Last time it was barricaded up with security guards. Loads of cars, people and apparently a lot of rentals there too. Water park maybe?
Is it time-share, or corporation owned, and do they all have licences for rentals etc? How does it work....as I thought it illegal?

yamxj

i dont know any answers for you but a friend of mine is going there next week booked through james villas

duncolm

For the last couple of years a large part of the complex has been run as a holiday village by the French company Pierre et Vacances.

paully

I seem to think that a very long story unfolded in the Spanish Courts, as far away as Madrid, which caused a re think on its use. It was originally closed down due to being built in a protected area. AFAIK they can use what they have got, but cannot build anything else in the area. Still wouldn`t fancy staying there..like Stalag Luft 10
I HATE computer thingyss

decho

Walked round it a couple of months ago....many derelict properties still and many seemed to be used as holiday villas.  Visited the main water park area and whilst it was nice enough, very busy and noisy with most residents making very good use of the bar for their morning  free beers/vodkas etc. They did seem to have a nice adults only infinity pool near the reception area which was very quiet. It had  a very small poorly stocked supermarket so assume most people go all inclusive.
In the middle of nowhere and not for me but the majority of families seemed to be enjoying themselves(HIc!) so each to there own
It maybe owned by Pierre Et Vacances and It could be so good, but Center Parcs it most certainly is not....yet!

Ivemovedon

Last time I heard they had a courtesy bus that took those that wanted to into Lajares, and maybe even beyond. Quite helpful I suppose as I think you could go stir crazy with a touch of cabin fever stuck in that place for too long. Never saw any All Inclusive coachloads myself in Lajares but maybe others have.