555 Restaurant + Map

Started by fifi, September 06, 2013, 18:00:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fifi

555 restaurant is a very snazzy looking restaurant so we decided to try it one night. I ordered a steak which was cooked to perfection but was ruined by  being covered with sea salt. The vegetables were overcooked and soggy. The chips which were supposed to have been home made but did not appear to be were limp and soggy and full of oil. My friends skewered lamb was well cooked but she refused to eat anything else on her plate and decided to have another meal later on.

It has a lovely ambiance however and is spotlessly clean. The service was good.

I would return for drinks only. :)

[map]?=28.397572531341943,%20-13.859997524675691=17=555=roadmap[/map]

lionfish

We went a few weeks ago as my wife fancied the lamb tegine. Well, duly persuaded, I ordered the same. The plate arrived and there it was - nothing else, so we ate the tegine, which was excellent, but went away very hungry!
The price was very much in the Nestor's range, but absolutely no comparison in terms of quantity of food. If we went back, which we won't, it would be essential to make sure extras came to support the meal, although based on Fifi's comments perhaps we did well to avoid the accompaniments.
great shame, because what we had was good.

dagwood

Is that the new place between lins and the car rip off place?

Paddster

lionfish

IsThisForumStillGoingWow

New restaurant in The White Centre. It was recommended by locals..couldn't fault it, excellent service, great  food, reasonable price..wish we'd found it earlier in the week cos we'd have gone twice...but will be back in january  ;D
Only two things are infinite,the universe and human stupidity,and im not sure about the former .....

Nottingham Red

thanks for your comments hev, looking for somewhere new to try when over in jan so might give it a try. Good some good feed back on trip advisor also

lionfish

We went a couple of months ago, soon after it had opened. The food was delicious, but portion size very, very small which means that to get a reasonable meal (at that time) quite a few "extras" would be required pushing the price way above what we would want to pay.
We had (excuse spelling) Teguin of Lamb - and that's all that was on the plate - no potatoes, no veg, no salad.
Will not rush back.

Harlequin

Ate here a couple of times a few weeks ago. Excellent food and good atmosphere but on our second visit they were so busy we gave up waiting for desert after sitting around for over 15 minutes with empty glasses, a shame as it is really nice.

Boston terrier

Today we ate here at lunchtime and service and food was good,came again this evening and was disappointed as the service was very slow, 2 of us had the prawn cocktail which was 6 small prawns around a glass with abit of salad/apple at 8.90€ felt fully ripped of! Seemed to be a menu for family/locals and one for tourists?? Had to sit around for along time just to get the bill,which was a shame as at lunchtime it looked promising.