Best place to buy paint?

Started by stevekguy, September 10, 2018, 09:52:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stevekguy

Hello all, the time has come to paint my flat in Corralejo and I'm wondering where is the best place to buy paint? Also, I've heard you can't get Dulux in Fuerteventura so I am wondering which Spanish paint brands are good quality? Many thanks in advance!

emmi

Any good Ferretería will have paint.  I don't know what you have in Correlejo,but in Puerto, Saavadra is brilliant,  as is Ideal.  Personally I use "Una Capa" ( one coat ) by Titan (internal paint).  It is good and thick with good coverage, and can always be watered down a bit if you want.

stevekguy

Hey - thanks for the very quick reply - I shall look out for that paint, sounds perfect - one coat works for me then I can go to the beach!

jill tie

We bought from the industrial estate  between the airport and Caleta called Monto.  Not sure if that's too far for you?
What we liked about the place is they  keep a record of what you buy so it makes it easy to match it up if needed in the
future.

Johnrgby2

Quote from: jill tie on September 10, 2018, 13:28:15 PM
We bought from the industrial estate  between the airport and Caleta called Monto.  Not sure if that's too far for you?
What we liked about the place is they  keep a record of what you buy so it makes it easy to match it up if needed in the
future.

Totally agree Jill, if you want one coat cover and to paint it again next year go elsewhere if you want to give it one coat and forget it for 3/4 years go to Monto.

stevekguy

I have a car so I can go anywhere - where do I find this Monto?

erik_tonny

We always went to Marcial in Corralejo.
Great quality and very good advice. They mix all RAL colors.
You will be surprised at the price of paint on Fuerteventura !
(If you have residentia you get an extra reduction)

Lexeus

I have never bought any pain in Fuerteventura, but a quick google shows Monto website and:

TIENDA DE FUERTEVENTURA
Dirección: POLÍGONO INDUSTRIAL EL MATORRAL - C/ 9 - NAVE 21 - ANTIGUA, LAS PALMAS
Tel: 928948111
Email: fuerteventura@tiendasmonto.es
Horario: Lunes - Viernes: de 8:00h a 18:30h. Sábados: de 9:00h a 13:00h.

Store Photo

google maps

A further suggestion, if paint is expensive in Fuerteventura (like alot of things) then maybe amazon will workout cheaper? e.g. Dulux 5L White Matte â,¬35 or  Dulux 5L White Gloss â,¬25

Johnrgby2

Quote from: stevekguy on September 10, 2018, 15:02:51 PM
I have a car so I can go anywhere - where do I find this Monto?

Morning Steve.

Drive south past the airport, go straight on at the first two R/about,s  after the airport, take the second exit at the next roundabout turn immediately right it is on your left after Ikea and a China shop.

decho

Marcial in Corralejo sell quality paint and will mix it(correctly) to any colour. All paint out here is so much cheaper than in the UK. LAs Honduras(also on the top road) also sell quality paint, but last time I had it mixed there they got the colour wrong then flatly denied it.

Johnrgby2

Quote from: Lexeus on September 10, 2018, 16:22:22 PM
I have never bought any pain in Fuerteventura, but a quick google shows Monto website and:

TIENDA DE FUERTEVENTURA
Dirección: POLÍGONO INDUSTRIAL EL MATORRAL - C/ 9 - NAVE 21 - ANTIGUA, LAS PALMAS
Tel: 928948111
Email: fuerteventura@tiendasmonto.es
Horario: Lunes - Viernes: de 8:00h a 18:30h. Sábados: de 9:00h a 13:00h.

Store Photo

google maps

A further suggestion, if paint is expensive in Fuerteventura (like alot of things) then maybe amazon will workout cheaper? e.g. Dulux 5L White Matte â,¬35 or  Dulux 5L White Gloss â,¬25

IMHO paint is cheaper here than The UK, we had a 25 litre container of an exterior mat from Monto which they mixed to conform with The Comunity colour for somewhere close to 60â,¬. been on the walls for three years and is as good as when we put it on.