Lanzarote

Started by arnieculane1, March 24, 2014, 17:36:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arnieculane1

HI All

We are going over on the first ferry one day next week when its nice , can we hire a car there or are there nudist beaches close to town .

arnie  n dawn

mikets

The nearest clothes-optional beach is about 6 kilometres from the harbour so I think car hire would be advisable.  I spent two nights in Playa Blanca on my way back from Fuerteventura last September (since the flight from Lanzarote was much cheaper) so I spent a day exploring the area.  Car hire wasn't an option for me since my arm was in a sling due to a small fracture, so I had to take a bus - that still left me a with couple of kilometres to walk to the beach but I didn't have to worry about getting back to the harbour in time for a ferry.  That beach, Playa Mujeres, was mostly textile but in the eastern third of the beach about 25% or 30% were nude.
The next beach, Playa del Pozo, about a kilometre or so further over the next headland, appears to be the main nudist beach - more than 75% of the people there were nude on the day I visited.

notdeadfred

Quote from: arnieculane1 on March 24, 2014, 17:36:43 PM
HI All

We are going over on the first ferry one day next week when its nice , can we hire a car there or are there nudist beaches close to town .

arnie  n dawn

There are car rental offices at the harbour in Playa Blanca. Mikets is referring to the Papagayo beaches in his post - if you fancy something a bit different there is a black sand beach about the same distance north of Playa Blanca where there is usually a good %age of nudists. It's called Playa de Janubio, but watch out, the waves can be quite powerful at times! Good views of Timanfaya though.