naturist numbers

Started by Bray1, October 25, 2011, 19:32:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bray1

Just back from Fuerte (it was wonderful). Despite previous concerns raised on this forum relating the possible decline in naturist numbers at the lagoon in Cotillo. I can confirm that there were strong numbers of naturists dispersed over the whole beach area, but concentrated on the far end of the beach. The folk were of all ages and nationalities which was great. The Dutch couple cutting each others toe nails was a bit of shock though.

Tillyrieve

Was staying at El Caleton last week. La Concha & lagoon in front of El Caleton was almost totally textile, first lagoon north of there over 50% textile & beyond there 25-50% textile. More so over Easter weekend, after that it seemed that family groups were just spilling northwards. Even the long beach east of the lighthouse was ofet 50% textile. I'm hoping this was mainly due to it being UK school holiday time. El Caleton seemed to be mainly occupied by German or Scandinavian family groups.

welltrimmed

Hope Tillyrieves observation isn't going to become the norm at Cotillo [:(]
Our 1st visit there in early 90's saw hardly any textiles north of the the old harbour. In fact there was hardly any people there never mind textiles.
I think the increased popularity and holiday lets around the village has obviously brought more textiles.

Maybe we need a mass nudebathe [8D][:D]

Mrs W

SoCal

quote:
Originally posted by welltrimmed

Hope Tillyrieves observation isn't going to become the norm at Cotillo [:(]

My experience of 4 trips in the past 3 years has been mixed. I have noticed that the small area just south of the main lagoon, La Concha, has become more popular with nudists, while the region near El Caleton is more textile. Yet as someone who walks nude north from Maravilla most mornings while in El Cotillo, I have never been harassed about my state of being.   Sounds like jg and andynelly have had similar positive experiences.  Nudists and textiles appear to be indifferent.

What I hope is the case is that nudists do not feel a need to move north so that they aren't offending textiles.

Hence, your suggestion of a mass nudebathe, sounds wonderful.[:)] Name a date![:D]
Biking and beaches - total freedom

jg

My attitude is that we must not let the textiles drive us out of one of the few decent naturist holiday locations outside the ghettos.
JG

Tillyrieve

[/quote]

We thought the same thing, an early settlement of the El Caleton lagoon just to stake a claim & make a point.

I don't think that anyone was feeling offended particularly, but we felt less comfortable being in a distinct minority. Seemed a shame after previous visits when we would have felt totally out of place with swimwear on.