Residents` Travel Discounts Across the Canary Islands

Started by TamaraEnLaPlaya, June 29, 2017, 21:40:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TamaraEnLaPlaya

From the Canary Islander (some really good stuff this week, worth subscribing (free) to get your weekly copy):

Many readers have expressed confusion about the publicity surrounding the introduction of new discounts for residents of the islands. The new discount of 75 per cent applies to all the islands, and to journeys by ferry, as well as flights.

The Transport Minister of the Canary Islands explained this week that by agreement between the Spanish Government, Canary Islands Government and shipping companies that operate ferries between the island and the peninsular, there will now be a 75% discount for residents. Pablo Rodriguez also said that many local people had complained that it was cheaper to travel to London or Paris than to travel Gran Canaria and La Palma, but that now more residents will be able to make local travel journeys and bring the Canary Islands closer together.

This 75% discount for residents to travel between the islands and to travel to the peninsular will also apply to air flights, but there had been concerns from the ferry companies that they would not be able to meet the extra demand, as Fred Olsen, Armas and Lineas Romero will now be offering tickets as cheap as 6 euros. This agreement confirms that this larger discount of 75% will be applied to all residents` tickets for ferry and flight journeys.

You can find this and other news stories from the Canary Islands and Spain in the free 'News from the Canary Islands' paper:

http://news.thecanaryislander.com

Remember to sign up with your email address for your FREE weekly online copy

calculator

Oh wonderful!!

Wait until you try and get your resident discount document!! Other half went to print out ours today in Puerto (every 6 months).

Apparently, I've been flagged XX and according to the pleb on the desk, I have been ordered to present myself to the office with my documents to prove I still live here. Imagine if I was flying today!

They never liked we "foreigners" getting discounts.

Deso

How dare they, fancy wanting to know if you are legal and entitled to it?

Wouldn't happen in Great Britain you know.   :o  :P  :-*
Regards, Neil
Looking forward to the day I tick the "One way only" box when booking flights to Fuerte. [:)]

TamaraEnLaPlaya

Quote from: calculator on June 30, 2017, 13:01:13 PM
Oh wonderful!!

Wait until you try and get your resident discount document!! Other half went to print out ours today in Puerto (every 6 months).

Apparently, I've been flagged XX and according to the pleb on the desk, I have been ordered to present myself to the office with my documents to prove I still live here. Imagine if I was flying today!

They never liked we "foreigners" getting discounts.

When you go to the office ask to sign up to the online travel empadrons, it is very easy then to print yourself a copy whenever you need one.