Caleta Beach

Started by ashworth, April 20, 2018, 14:11:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ashworth

Good 3 day clean up job on the Beach getting rid of the large rocks that now appear every 6 months. Looking good again and ready for the summer season.

Can the Man

That`s great news, now all we need is a few loads of good quality sand

spitfire58

We went for a paddle the other day. Still like walking on gravel. Nothing will improve that until it`s overlaid with proper sand. IMHO

ashworth

Quote from: spitfire58 on April 20, 2018, 22:58:43 PM
We went for a paddle the other day. Still like walking on gravel. Nothing will improve that until it`s overlaid with proper sand. IMHO

It is not gravel it is sand from the seabed Billions of years in the making. This is Fuerteventura, not Disneyland.

el caballo hambriento

Shops should do a good trade in aqua shoes with that beach/sea bed.

c matthews

Any photos of the beach

spitfire58

Quote from: ashworth on April 21, 2018, 07:20:13 AM

It is not gravel it is sand from the seabed Billions of years in the making. This is Fuerteventura, not Disneyland.

Ashworth, I know where it came from !! By definition “sand” is finely ground up stones/rock, rolled smooth by the rolling effect of the tides. That is not sand on Caleta beach, it is a rough mixture of sea shells, coral & sand. Feels like walking on gravel & God help you if you paddle with any kind of flip flops/beach shoes on it is like sand paper stuck to the inside of your shoes, most unpleasant & uncomfortable. Not by any stretch of the imagination could you call this an improvement on what was there before !!

Ivemovedon

Fuerteventura or Disneyland ...they are both competing to attract tourists.

ashworth

Quote from: spitfire58 on April 21, 2018, 20:23:16 PM

Ashworth, I know where it came from !! By definition “sand” is finely ground up stones/rock, rolled smooth by the rolling effect of the tides. That is not sand on Caleta beach, it is a rough mixture of sea shells, coral & sand. Feels like walking on gravel & God help you if you paddle with any kind of flip flops/beach shoes on it is like sand paper stuck to the inside of your shoes, most unpleasant & uncomfortable. Not by any stretch of the imagination could you call this an improvement on what was there before !!

I love it. Natural sand billions of years in the making and as I went past today it was packed with families enjoying themselves. The sand is a bit course but still makes great sandcastles and does not get flooded 8 times a month like the old beach. In my opinion a wonderful improvement..