Takeaways & Home Deliveries

Started by rosiebear, August 06, 2013, 21:36:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rosiebear

Hi have been to Caleta many times and always eat out in the restaurants  ;D.  However since having our daughter not so easy  :( on our last visit found the obvious Indian/Chinese takeaways but can anyone suggest anywhere else that let you take away food?  Need some more ideas for our next trip in November. Many thanks.

Kat Nuts

Ataste ofhome Homemade Pies do a lovely range of home cooked food and delivered FREE to your doorstep in Caleta.

I can recommend the Steak and Ale Pie and the Caramel Apple Crumble - absolutely delicious!

https://www.facebook.com/atasteofhome.homemadepies?fref=ts

peejay

Bar Gory, next to the Trafalgar in the Happy Center will do take away if you ask them. Particularly handy if you fancy a nice paella or even just burger and chips.

Can the Man

Quote from: Kit Lust on August 06, 2013, 23:30:31 PM
Ataste ofhome Homemade Pies do a lovely range of home cooked food and delivered FREE to your doorstep in Caleta.

I can recommend the Steak and Ale Pie and the Caramel Apple Crumble - absolutely delicious!

https://www.facebook.com/atasteofhome.homemadepies?fref=ts

Tasty you Kat, I'll expect some homemade Steak & Ale Pie pie in October, you can treat Paddy & Me  ;D ;D ;D

janpaul

Fado Rock will do takeaways if you ask them.

If you ask a lot of the restaurants are quite happy to do a  take away for you.
I have seen lots of people over the years coming out of various restaurants with little bags or items in tin foil

Can the Man

Quote from: janpaul on August 07, 2013, 15:22:02 PM
Fado Rock will do takeaways if you ask them.

If you ask a lot of the restaurants are quite happy to do a  take away for you.
I have seen lots of people over the years coming out of various restaurants with little bags or items in tin foil

Now that you mention it, I remember seeing people getting a wrap up of left overs at El Patio. Chances are they will do a take away.

IsThisForumStillGoingWow

As janpaul said just about everywhere do takeaways. A favourite of ours to have on the patio is a rottiserie chicken, nice crusty baguette (or bocadillo) salad and some gorgeous saute  paotatoes (cooked with garlic, herbs & onions) that you buy along with the chicken  :P :P :P
Tha Cave (opp Fado Rock) do great pizzas too.
Only two things are infinite,the universe and human stupidity,and im not sure about the former .....

rosiebear

Thank you all so much for your replies, given me some great ideas for our next visit  :-*

admin

I like the idea of a 'Takeaway and Home Deliveries' thread so I'm hijacking this one and putting it in the Caleta Bars & Restaurant section.

I'm not locking it.

Please continue to add more posts. Thanks.

edit - If posting about Home Deliveries it would be useful if you include their phone numbers. Thanks.

stu_katie

Hi everyone

I can definitely recommend A Taste of Homemade... they make utterly scrumptious pies, pasties and desserts... not only do they deliver within Caleta but now to Corralejo.
Tel No: 633 216 312.

Competitive prices and good, wholesome, tasty food.. you just have to try them!

Oh, and if you're looking for something sweet afterwards then check out 'cakes by kate - fuerteventura' on Facebook too.

Kate :)

Can the Man

The Great Wall Chinese do a great takeaway

rosiebear

Quote from: hev on August 07, 2013, 17:36:15 PM
As janpaul said just about everywhere do takeaways. A favourite of ours to have on the patio is a rottiserie chicken, nice crusty baguette (or bocadillo) salad and some gorgeous saute  paotatoes (cooked with garlic, herbs & onions) that you buy along with the chicken  :P :P :P
Tha Cave (opp Fado Rock) do great pizzas too.

Sounds lovely  :P where can I get myself this chicken and saute potatoes hev?

Nottingham Red

Jinxing in Neuvo Horizonte do great Chinese takeaway food, reasonably priced to.

annalivia

Have to recommend A Taste of Home, homemade pies. I have tried both the Quiche and Steak and Ale pie and they are lovely. They are based in Caleta. Tel No: 633 216 312

Can the Man

Had a great takaway from Aromas, bit expensive, but loads of food. â,¬80 for 4 people, including 3 small beers while we were waiting, plus nan breads, they threw in a few popadoms and dips for free.

Jan1

Hi everyone, iam going to caleta on wed, but could someone please tell me where this a taste of home homemade pies is please. Thank you.

robb105

Hi Jan1

Ataste of home deliver daily in Caleta and Nuevo free of charge. You can contact them via Facebook, e-mail atasteofhome@outlook.com or call them on 622 571 968