Screening ....'brezo'

Started by Alan B, May 24, 2017, 16:06:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alan B

I've been told that only rolls of 'brezo' screening is allowed to add to wire fencing at the Origo Mare development at Majanicho on Fuerteventura where I just bought a house. Does anyone know what this is exactly? ...and where I might buy lots of rolls of this? I'm anxious to create more privacy in the garden there.
Thanks.

TamaraEnLaPlaya

Hi there
It seems to be quite common that in various places you can only add something like this on top of your garden wall or on your wire fencing. You can buy it in Ideal or most ferreterias - if you need a lot they may need to order it in for you. Check which height you need as it comes in several sizes, most common is 1M. It is basically twigs wired together to create a screen - it comes in various thickness twigs, varying from very flimsy (not worth using, the weather causes it to disintegrate very quickly) to some more like canes. To gain an extra year or two's life you can paint the twigs with an oil such as Teak Oil. Make sure you use strong galvanised wire to attach it to the existing fence. I used thick cable ties to start with and when we had some really strong winds 6 months later they all popped - unbelievable, I thought they were impervious!

Click on picture to enlarge.

Snowdrop

Try putting thin battens of wood on both sides at top and bottom and sides so the screening is sandwiched in between.  Will help it last a bit longer though depending on size may prove too expensive,

Stranger Times

Hi Alan,
can i ask how you are finding Origo Mare? its on my list of places to visit later this year prices seem very reasonable for the property size but i dont know how much community fees are and I wondered was it feasible to walk to the beach?  Are their any small supermarkets on complex or any food outlets?
Please pm me if you wish and congrats on your purchase.
Regards