orlando car hire

Started by archie40, November 02, 2012, 13:26:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

archie40

anybody used these before ?

Ronnietheblue

Hi Archie,
We've used Orlando once, problem with Orlando to us, was that you are bussed from the airport to there depot, and then Queue up to get your car and keys and the same on departure, although you could leave in resort(corralejo in our case) and make your own way to the airport. Pesonally i prefer to use the car hire firms based at the airport, after been travelling for several hours, we just want to get to resort ASAP.
Have a great hols whatever you decide

archie40

Thanks Ronnie
I have already booked so bus it is for us then.At least you didnt start moaning about hidden charges and wrecked cars lol.

KWC

Quote from: archie40 on November 02, 2012, 14:31:49 PM
Thanks Ronnie
At least you didnt start moaning about wrecked cars lol.

No but I will!!   The standard of cars is terrible, I have twice used them and never again, they just didn't get better.   Their cars we got were old battered ones, no spare tyre, no warning triangle, spare bulbs etc. One had no indicator bulbs and covers on  the wings - wires hanging out.  They were never valeted, and just a sloppy service all round.

As been said there is one tiny office with one grumpy women (not the wife this time) and she took ages to process one hirer.  I would rather walk to Costa Calma than hire from them again.  But good luck to you things might have picked up since we last used them. :-\

Can the Man

Quote from: archie40 on November 02, 2012, 14:31:49 PM
Thanks Ronnie
I have already booked so bus it is for us then.At least you didnt start moaning about hidden charges and wrecked cars lol.

Have you paid anything with your original booking ?, if not why not change to some of the other, payless.es for example. Have a look at a recent thread about problems with Hertz, I have mentioned some of the other car hire companies.

dagwood

I agree with KWC54. Used them one time and never again.Seen much better and safer cars in the scrap yard. And talk about service with a growl. You could haunt a whole town with yer one. 

archie40

Well never again Orlando are not good dont anyone else use them.hidden charges for fuel the car was old dirty no radio.everywhere we seemed to go we parked next to a bright clean new payless hire car we live and learn.

fatboab

Used them September 2011, through CarHire3000 website. NEVER again. Used Cicar in May this year. So much better, cheaper, cleaner, easier. Orlando was a total pain in the erse. Web instructions said to meet in arrivals, which of course was wrong as we had to go outside to minibus and then schlep to Mattoral. Join a queue to be ignored by surly, unwashed morons. First car given was a  rent-a-wreck. Seat belts wouldn't work. Had to join queue again to be ignored for a second time by surly, unwashed morons. Second car was an even worse wreck. More dents than on a stock car, no spare, no aerial, no radio, no paint left on bodywork, no water in washer bottle, and totally gutless. It had been to the moon and back and wouldn't pull a soldier off your sister.
By the sheer grace of God it got us around the island for the week, loosing various bits of underneath along the way and we returned it to the surly, unwashed, ignorant morons only just clinging on to it's life. It was truly fit only for the scrapyard, YET, before we had boarded the equally decrepit minibus back to the airport another gullible couple were off out in it, unwashed, unchecked, no attempt made to look at the defects we had reported. Most surprising was the lines of fresh looking, well cared for cars in the warehouse which seemed not to have turned a wheel the whole week. Were these kept back for direct customers and the wrecks given only to web-booked CarHire3000 punters?
I'm just glad we both had adequate travel insurance.

KWC

How long can these guys continue to issue shoddy cars and service to the paying customer.

In fact has anyone ever had a newish car from them, or are all their cars, Bangers R Us.  I feel this company could put people off from coming to the island if thats their first taste when arriving.

Stick to facts, but lets get the word out there that these guys are a joke and could be putting lives at risk by issueing unchecked and shody cars out there.

I wonder why they don't get visited by the police or traffic authorities etc, as they are not giving the Island a good name.

falkirkdan

Quote from: KWC54 on November 13, 2012, 07:35:38 AM

I wonder why they don't get visited by the police or traffic authorities etc, as they are not giving the Island a good name.
This Fuerty!!  Money in the back pocket works wonders. :-X :-X

dagwood

How are they still operating or are people happy to drive around in unsafe heaps of dirty junk.Every article I have read and everyone I have ever spoken to about this outfit, the advice is allways the same. STAY WELL AWAY. Are there that many first time visitors to Fuerteventura? Or are people happy to overpay for unsafe cars.Are these the same people who complain about a €6 credit card charge on an Airline and then pay big bucks for a dirty unsafe heap of potty poo poo to drive their loved ones around the Island. And then come back and do it all again. Just asking.     

fatboab

I've never complained about a £6 credit card charge, particularly when my flight to Barca, Sardo or Fuerte cost less than a train ticket from Salisbury to Linlithgow. But, to afford my holidays in the sun I do shop around for bargains - airport car parking, flights, accommodation and car hire. I was not disappointed with CarHire3000 when booking for Campino or Alghero but after my experience with Orlando in Fuerte I have not used them again and never will. Obviously, if I had been part of this forum earlier I would have read the previous positive comments regarding Cabrina Medina, Cicar et cetera and would have avoided CarHire3000/Orlando like the plague.Of course I will be back to Fuerte sometime (soon I hope) but will be forewarned and forearmed.

So well done this forum for the positive that it can make from the negative.

dagwood

Hi Bob, I think you took me up wrong. I just cant understand how this outfit are still open as every one I have spoken to say keep away. I used them once and never again or is it just me? Are there that many new visitors who get screwed just once or are there people who rent junk and keep coming back for more. Any one who knowingly returns to Orlando for a car should have their driving licence taken away on the spot. You can fool some of the people etc. Anyway there are plenty of good car hire people over there for the rest of us to enjoy. 

falkirkdan

Those of us who know the score should maybe look at it another way and take Orlando to our advantage.

If you are looking on line for car hire and do not know the score then you will see lots of good prices from agencies, including Moneysupermarket whom many trust.    Up front the prices are good until you look further like £25 week extra for 2nd driver.   Booster seat €4.50 a day (you can buy them for £15/20), extra insurance.   And of course you do not know who you are booked with until the deposit or in some cases the whole amount is paid and you get the paperwork.

So with these initial great prices like £59 a week, this market force helps keep prices of the good companies that we know down.

Also many hiring cars this way will probably be one time only visitors, so I do not think it effects tourist numbers to the island.

I did also look at a quote direct with Orlando for last week in November for a Clio.  Are you sitting down?  €264    Of Course you also had the option of super collision damage waver for an extra €40 are they just not generous.

Voldermort

Whilst I`m not defending Orlando, although I used them once and had a good deal, the guy in the next apartment to me has hired from them and had great service at the airport, pleasant staff on arrival at Mattoral and given a decent, everything working, Clio. Looking round Corrie at the moment, the Orlando cars are fairly new, Skodas, Clios and Focus all of which appear to be fairly new.

I always praise and use Cicar (or their derivitives) but last week when I collected it the Astra had the low fuel warning light already on.Went back and the staff couldnt give a monkeys airly waved their hand and told me to bring it back the same, and were quiet happy to let me drive off with almost no fuel in it :'(

Looks like they might all be in a race to the bottom

Chris2308

All

Currently in Fuerteventura in Corrie we have unfortunately gone through Orlando and TBH I saw better cars when I was in India, we have a Skoda that I would describe simply as a potty poo poo box. The boot has selective opening hours, worse than a Spanish siesta. As for in car entertainment anyone got a cassette I've no had one since the late 80s, I was cursing that I forgot my I pod wire at gatwick. If you ain't paid stay away, I'm fed up of parking up next to nice Cicar etc. even Arthur Daily couldn't pass one off as safe.

sorepaws

Avoid -
fuel cost: excrutiating 
car quality: poor
office scruffy 
service: occasional

ridings.info

Quote from: sorepaws on January 03, 2013, 15:21:38 PM
Avoid -
fuel cost: excrutiating 
car quality: poor
office scruffy 
service: occasional

As this post been edited by the moderators? who is the company we are to avoid?

zedzedeleven

I believe the clue is in the header but if you are still struggling then it`s Orlando
Mentor to the boneheads.