Privacy fence

Started by rosamund, May 20, 2018, 12:17:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rosamund

We have a brick wall 5ft high and would like to put a fence on top around 3ft high. Can any suggest somewhere we could buy this. Tried ideal but they don't have anything.

Johnrgby2

Quote from: rosamund on May 20, 2018, 12:17:32 PM
We have a brick wall 5ft high and would like to put a fence on top around 3ft high. Can any suggest somewhere we could buy this? Tried ideal but they don't have anything.

What type of fence are you thinking about wood IE picket fence,  Chain link, screen block etc?

PHo

Sorry to be a damp squib, but you will probably need planning permission, and I think will be unlikely to get it for a fence that high. If you build it without permission, it will be very obvious to neighbours and you risk being denounced. Anyone on here know the rules?

Johnrgby2

Quote from: PHo on May 20, 2018, 13:16:50 PM
Sorry to be a damp squib, but you will probably need planning permission, and I think will be unlikely to get it for a fence that high. If you build it without permission, it will be very obvious to neighbours and you risk being denounced. Anyone on here know the rules?

We got the OK to put two layers of screen block on top of a 6ft wall, and on the community, there are even higher walls than that, as long as it is within keeping of what is around you, you should be alright.

spitfire58

Would it not be less obtrusive to put another row of blocks on top & then a couple of rows of the shaped open blocks as a decorative finish. I know it would cost more but wouldn`t draw the eye so much & if planning is necessary probably stands more chance of being accepted.🙂🙂

spitfire58

Something like this. One row of blocks & two rows of this would give you almost 36 inches height.

https://www.diy.com/departments/leaf-block-off-white-leaf-block-l-290mm-w-290mm-t-90mm/70341_BQ.prd

rosamund

Thanks everyone the leaf blocks would be perfect - just what we are looking for.

Johnrgby2

Quote from: rosamund on May 20, 2018, 15:01:57 PM
Thanks, everyone the leaf blocks would be perfect - just what we are looking for.

Ideal, go to the info desk and ask, they used to have them on display but since the re-fit, I have not seen them there, but we collected ours from their storage area.