Blood test

Started by Rialtan52, April 14, 2019, 11:52:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rialtan52

Does anyone know if I can have a blood test done at the hospital and have results sent back to the uk ??? Am coming for 5 weeks but have to have this done after 2weeks. Thanks

Johnrgby2

The short answer is no, there is a hematology department at the hospital, you head towards The Cafeteria and as you enter it is immediately to your right and behind you, but whether you have to be referred to use it or whether they will forward them to the UK I have no idea.

matahari

I'm guessing the best bet would be private. Can you do some checks before you leave the UK? Ask about using your EHIC card or travel insurance?

Rialtan52

Thanks I have tried making enquiries but got no joy, I don`t want to go private. I think I will have to come home sooner.

DaveW

A couple of years ago I needed to get a blood test done while visiting Fuerteventura, I got the local doctor in Caleta to do it and got the results straightaway. They were sent to my doctor in the U.K. by fax. I think they charged me about 20 Euros. So was cheaper to go privately than take a taxi to the hospital.

Ronnietheblue

If in Corralejo I saw Dr Kirsten Werner who spears fluent English and faxed my results home straight away. She was really helpful if you want to call her for advice before you travel her number is 0034 928-53 74 74