Best car to buy

Started by cathy323, August 27, 2014, 00:15:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cathy323

Hi guys,
Anybody know which make of car would be the best to buy on the island , and the one to be able to get parts for if needed ?.. Thanks.

lionfish

I would say OPEL, or any of the other popular makes used as hire cars.
Orvecame in Puerto (CICAR) will have access to all spares for OPEL, VOLVO etc.
Having said that, there are also lots of Citroens, Seats etc around so spares must be readily available.

cathy323

Thanks for the reply, I will look into it.

decho

I bought from Orvecame...a Vx Zafira as I wanted a bigger car. So far been excellent and Carlos, the salesman speaks good English and was very helpful.

SheilaW

Orvecame look after our Opel Agila well.

appy ammer

Quote from: decho on August 27, 2014, 13:41:05 PM
I bought from Orvecame...a Vx Zafira as I wanted a bigger car. So far been excellent and Carlos, the salesman speaks good English and was very helpful.

I take it that it's not very fast  :P
Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

decho

Quote from: appy ammer on September 03, 2014, 13:27:04 PM
Quote from: decho on August 27, 2014, 13:41:05 PM

I take it that it's not very fast  :P

Well I've not been booked for speeding yet....but then again I do try and stick to the speed limits! It's single white lines I have trouble with - but I learnt my lesson, grudgingly paid the fine and I won't be doing it again. :D

bridlife

I had a new Opel Zafira from Opel, and dealt with Juan Carlos, who speaks good English. Unfortunately 2 weeks after the warranty ran out, the engine management system failed. They said I had to pay â,¬2,000 euros to replace this. However Juan Carlos, spoke to the manufacturers, and because the warranty had only just expired. They agreed to  replace the system  for â,¬700.

This was still painful for a new car, but I  had no choice , but to be grateful. Other than that they have been great. It is well worth taking out an extended warranty if you can, on new cars. The price of replacement parts on new models are astronomical.