Ayuntamiento Annual Charges

Started by JoanC, April 28, 2013, 09:03:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoanC

Hi

I've just paid my first years charges from the Ayuntamiento via direct debit.  Does anyone know whether this includes the Rubbish Collection Charge, or does that come through separately?

Thanks

Deso

It depends where you are. If you are in Antigua, it is just the council tax (IBI) that is due. If you are in La Oliva, it seems they take both at the same time. If it is both, they should show as 2 separate charges, IBI and Basura, the latter being around €30 unless that has gone up as well.

Have a look at the IBI post

http://www.fuerteventura-forum.com/index.php?topic=15517.0
Regards, Neil
Looking forward to the day I tick the "One way only" box when booking flights to Fuerte. [:)]

JoanC

Thanks, that's really helpful.  I've had a look at that post and it does seem that the Basura will be due in October.  It's just the first year, trying to work out when everything is due. 

ocart

Hi JoanC

I have paid the Basura and it was 30.00  Just had the Council charge paid through bank DD and it was 566  Getting pretty expensive and will probably keep going up

Michael

RVEEE

Quote from: ocart on April 28, 2013, 17:50:25 PM
Hi JoanC

I have paid the Basura and it was 30.00  Just had the Council charge paid through bank DD and it was 566  Getting pretty expensive and will probably keep going up

Michael

I wish my UK council tax was as cheap as that.
£1634.

Truncheon Meat

Antigua have just taken my DD for tax. Only took them a year to get it right but at 290 I'm happy enough and the sunshine is free. Love it here. Basura goes out later in the year. Just waiting now to see if they take the car tax too. Oh, the excitement of it all.

:-* :P :D

glenys

I'm on La Colina and paid he big bill in October,will I have to pay this again now in May or is it just the small bill. I'm totally confused now  :-\

Deso

Quote from: glenys on May 01, 2013, 13:59:39 PM
I'm on La Colina and paid he big bill in October,will I have to pay this again now in May or is it just the small bill. I'm totally confused now  :-\

Big bill is due now Glenys and Basura in October for anyone in Antigua. They swapped it around this year.
Regards, Neil
Looking forward to the day I tick the "One way only" box when booking flights to Fuerte. [:)]

Captain Sensible

The Ayuntamiento de Antigua have changed their billing dates, Glenys.

IBI (house tax) is now payable at this time of year.

Basura (bin tax) and Car Tax is payable in October.

Blueboy7

Could anyone tell me how much the council tax is on a three bedroom property on Tamaragua?

glenys

moodyblue

after reading this post I checked my online bank statement and see that my account has been debited by EXCMO AYUNTAMIENTO DE ANTIGUA  to the tune of €804.44  :o :o :o

Deso

Quote from: moodyblue on May 06, 2013, 08:47:05 AM
after reading this post I checked my online bank statement and see that my account has been debited by EXCMO AYUNTAMIENTO DE ANTIGUA  to the tune of €804.44  :o :o :o

If that is right, it should have been around €670 last year.
Regards, Neil

Geordie16

Big thank you to Captain Sensible.

Had a debit in April from Town Hall. Confused as rates normally in October. Now know rates advanced to April and basura will be in October. Thought all things including two payments one now one October. >:(
Will now sleep easier though things getting dearer - Brits are helping to solve Spanish banking crisis !

Elite of the forum

08/07/2013   DIRECT DEBIT AYUNTAMIENTO DE LA OLIVA    08/07/2013   -188,35      
08/07/2013   DIRECT DEBIT AYUNTAMIENTO DE LA OLIVA    08/07/2013   -30,00
Thats what came out of our account this year,we have a place on Tam

do illiterate people really get the benefits of alphabet soup

annalivia

IBI for 2014 for Antigua was debited today.

annalivia

Any sign of this years (2015) bills yet?

emmi

Not yet - think it was beginning of May last year for Antigua.

Deso

I am told there is no rise this year so should be the same cost as last year.  :D
Regards, Neil

bksk2004

Quick question if I may?......Usually my big bill is debited from my account end Apr/beginning May, but nothing taken so far this year. Are other people getting their debits as usual?

Btw. My town hall is in Antigua.

Cheers

annalivia

Nothing debited from my account either. Has anyone had their bills in the post yet?

Archer

Nothing from Pajara either, yet.

Deso

Certainly in Antigua, the bills have been delayed and should be sent out in June.

This is from someone who has been to the Town Hall to ask.
Regards, Neil

Archer

Pajara IBI debited from our account today. No Basura, yet.

bridlife

I understand La Oliva payments are from 12th June.

Ernie

My place is in Cotillo so falls under La Oliva. I'm here on the island until the 10th June but then return to the UK until 16th September.

For no particular reason other than preferring to have as few direct debits as possible (so less opportunity for random amounts to be taken from my account) I haven't bothered registering my direct debit details with the Ayuntamiento and in the past have received online bills for IBI and Basura which I have then paid in cash over the counter at Banca March in Corralejo. Fortunately the (approximately 11 week) payment period for these earlier bills has always overlapped with a period of time I have been on the island.

Now I read that La Oliva might start billing two days after I return to the UK (post above says 12th June) and I'm faced with being out of the country for the entire payment period as I don't return to the island for 14 weeks.

So I don't know what to do. Would I get any joy going to the Ayuntamiento in Corralejo (rather than La Oliva as they are more likely to speak English - my Spanish is poor) to see if I can get an earlier statement to pay there and then and before leaving on 10th June ?

Unfortunately earlier bills have not offered the option of electronic payment so if early payment isn't possible I'm faced with either paying a few weeks outside the payment period or begging a friend to do the payment for me.

Any ideas very gratefully received.

Ernie

Archer

How about a visit to their office and paying the same as last year 'on account'. That should keep em quiet until you are back. Or ask a neighbour to pay it with cash.

TamaraEnLaPlaya

Quote from: bridlife on June 02, 2015, 13:46:32 PM
I understand La Oliva payments are from 12th June.

Quote from: Ernie on June 02, 2015, 20:09:30 PM
My place is in Cotillo so falls under La Oliva. I'm here on the island until the 10th June but then return to the UK until 16th September.

For no particular reason other than preferring to have as few direct debits as possible (so less opportunity for random amounts to be taken from my account) I haven't bothered registering my direct debit details with the Ayuntamiento and in the past have received online bills for IBI and Basura which I have then paid in cash over the counter at Banca March in Corralejo. Fortunately the (approximately 11 week) payment period for these earlier bills has always overlapped with a period of time I have been on the island.

Now I read that La Oliva might start billing two days after I return to the UK (post above says 12th June) and I'm faced with being out of the country for the entire payment period as I don't return to the island for 14 weeks.

So I don't know what to do. Would I get any joy going to the Ayuntamiento in Corralejo (rather than La Oliva as they are more likely to speak English - my Spanish is poor) to see if I can get an earlier statement to pay there and then and before leaving on 10th June ?

Unfortunately earlier bills have not offered the option of electronic payment so if early payment isn't possible I'm faced with either paying a few weeks outside the payment period or begging a friend to do the payment for me.

Any ideas very gratefully received.

Ernie

Not sure where this 12th June has come from but our La Oliva charges (IBI & Basura) arrived some weeks ago through the post. Payable 4th May - 4th Aug at the lower rate or 5th Aug - 20th Aug at 5% more. Hope this helps Ernie.

Ernie

Hi Tamara,

Many thanks for this.

Because there has been talk of delays on here (mainly Antigua) I assumed that this was the reason for me not receiving a bill in early May like last year. But maybe I'm mistaken and La Oliva is following last year's timetable and there is some other reason for not receiving a bill. I shall investigate ...

As an aside, where is the Ayuntamiento in Corralejo ? Is it in the square with the kids playground / exercise machines in the old town ?

Many thanks for any more info. Have others received their La Oliva bills too ?

Rgds,

Ernie

TamaraEnLaPlaya

Quote from: Ernie on June 03, 2015, 08:27:33 AM
As an aside, where is the Ayuntamiento in Corralejo ? Is it in the square with the kids playground / exercise machines in the old town ?

Spot on! Good luck.