O'Connor's Irish Bar

Started by Peteandfreddi, October 28, 2013, 15:23:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peteandfreddi

Having just returned from a week in Caleta De Fuste, most nights happily spent in O'Connor's Great staff especially the waitress Lauren, always has a smile on her face & keeps the beer flowing, Great music from The Paddywack's, Vinny & Lluc are excellent - Great atmosphere, A must visit

Neilclarke

Couldn't agree more. We were in Caleta the same week and went in O Connors most nights. I would definitely recommend the house white.

Can the Man

Always find o'Connors a bit pricey, but the entertainment is great

Trumpy

Yes Can we made the mistake the first time we came to Caleta of going in O'Conners and ordering 2 halfs of beer. I nearly died when I got the tab I cant remember how much it was now but I know I could have bought 4 pints in some places for the same money.

To be honest I didn't know at the time that some places charge nearly as much for a half as they do a pint. I didn't like the way at the time that they just filled in a slip of paper with no indication of the charge. I could have had a few rounds without realising I was running a big tab.

I have never been back as I don't like being ripped off,  it may have changed now but I have found plenty of places I prefure so I shan't be giving them another go anytime soon

IsThisForumStillGoingWow

Agree with you Trumpy, The locals don't drink there, says it all really.
Only two things are infinite,the universe and human stupidity,and im not sure about the former .....

mollymalone

Do you know if the Paddywacks still play here, as we really enjoyed our nights in here last time we were over?

tl2222

Yes the Paddywacks are still there Mon-Sat nights from 10 pm.

Can the Man

The original Paddywacks have changed, only Lluk remains with a new guy called Vinny. Jim is gone to Scandinavia or somewhere, and Mark went travelling around Germany and Europe

mollymalone

Thanks for the replies, I like the old and the new band as they are talented musicians.

Neilclarke

Just home from a long weekend in Fuerte.
Two great nights in O Connors.

Peteandfreddi

Heading back on the 8th May, unfortunately heard that Vinny is heading home then so no Paddywhacks :(

So where else can we go for some good old Irish music?

Neilclarke

Does anyone know if Vinny is back at O Connors ?

HelenR

Had can excellent meal here, wine was nice to  ;D