gluten free food/supermarkets

Started by warriors, July 30, 2012, 21:50:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

warriors

hi all-we are flying over at the end of september and a bringing someone who is gluten intollerent-are there any shops in cotillo/larajes/correlejo that have a gluten free range??
thanks in advance   

Carlo

To be honest, I've noticed 'sin gluten' on lots of items in the supermarkets here (Corralejo) and that's without even looking for it. I've even seen it on drinks etc.

peter.w

Hi there, I find the EUROSPAR Corralejo to be good for gluten free stuff bread buns etc.

Voldermort

Mercadona have a very extensive range of Gluten Free products and a lot of them are own brand as well so not the usual rip off...Same applies to sugar Free ranges as well...worth a visit

gillgooding

We were very surprised at the great range of gluten free products at Eurospar and Mercadona, better than a lot of the shops at home.  As well as looking on the shelves remember to look in the freezers at Mercadona as they do delicious gluten free pizzas too and some other things.  We bought a lot of biscuits, cereal bars etc to bring home as they are so delicious. My daughter then rations them out and remembers a happy holiday with each thing eaten!

warriors

thanks for the info so far-am i looking for "sin gluten" in spanish??

gillgooding

Thats right, sin gluten is very clearly marked on the packaging.

Frenchie

Hi dont worry i have coeliac disease and also lactose
Intolerant and eat really well.i show a sin gluten card in the restuarants and have never been poorly. dovela is especially good in corrie as is el anduluza.
The bread etc in eurospar is expensive but it is in england.Best thing in freezers are fantastic gluten free icecream.
Hope you have a good holiday.