Reynaldo's Beach Bar

Started by jg, April 03, 2017, 11:50:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jg

I have always enjoyed eating here and have cherished it as the last unhomogenised beach bar in the north of the island.
Can anybody tell me what is happening there - it seems to nave been closed for the last three months.
JG

The Jones

Hi jg

It closed after Alexi suddenly passed away just before Christmas, very sad.

I have read on Tripadviser that it was due to reopen on 1st April under new ownership, I doubt it will ever be the same though.

I will find out when I'm over in May.

bedouin

Was Reynaldo's naturist-friendly?  If not, might new ownership be a chance to establish it as naturist-friendly if naked people keep turning up?

Banjo

Quote from: The Jones on April 03, 2017, 16:04:59 PM
Hi jg

It closed after Alexi suddenly passed away just before Christmas, very sad.

I have read on Tripadviser that it was due to reopen on 1st April under new ownership, I doubt it will ever be the same though.

I will find out when I'm over in May.

Was Alexi the owner/boss? The first couple of times I went there it was run by a guy (Alexi I guess?) and a blonde girl. Last June it was Alexi and another guy and then it was closed in January. It wasn't open  on April 1st btw, it still looked untouched from when I saw it in January.

DeniseKen

Banjo - think it was part-owned by Alex, his wife - Sophie (the blond you refer to) and his father. The young guy who did the table service was taken  on when Sophie left to have her baby. He was Moroccan and I could never pronounce his name (I just called him Chico).
Bedouin - no, it wasn't naturist friendly. in fact, we have been in there when a topless lady was asked to go back to the beach and retrieve her top.
still, a great place to eat, well plriced and such a fantastic location. so sad - Alex and Sophie were really nice people. RIP Alex.

Banjo

DeniseKen, thanks for explaining. That's a real shame, they were lovely people and Reynaldo's was a unique place which seemed to draw friendly sorts together.

arnieculane1

Hi All

Will let you know on tuesday when we arrive staying at Infinity

Arnei n Dawn

DeniseKen

Good News !! Reynoldo's Bar has re-opened. ok, under new management but still a nice menu and of course, regardless of ownership, you can't beat the location. We had a good meal there today. slightly more expensive than Alex and Sophie, but still good value. Hope they do well.

The Jones

Really not impressed, little choice on the menu too pricey and the service very poor in my opinion. I maybe comparing it to much with days gone by, if it wasn't for the location I wouldn't use it.   :(