Where to buy wood for barbecue?

Started by delpiero, August 10, 2018, 12:42:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

delpiero

Hi,
living for a period in Caleta and I love to barbecue. Unfortunately I could find only charcoal but no wood to buy?
Do you know any place where I could find?

Thanks,

Lexeus

I am told that the only cheap source of firewood is old pallets, usually for â,¬5 each from many companies that get deliveries from the peninsular, but I don't barbecue much  :D

I remember seeing this week that Lidl had barbecue bags of lena (firewood), but I am pretty sure it will just be charcoal inside, I wasn't really interested in it though.

There is a company that offer it delivered if you buy 10/12Kg http://www.greenmedioambiente.com/venta_de_lena_y_de_astillas_en_fuerteventura.php

Stone Free

You could try picking up driftwood from the beaches.  It's free!

Lexeus

Quote from: Charlie dont surf on August 10, 2018, 19:32:25 PM
If you are going to use pallets then don't use the painted ones. The paint is quite toxic and the fumes will not only choke you but it'll make your food inedible.

That is exactly what I said when I was offered the advice, but then being British we think of pallets as being bright blue. The pallets here are often just untreated wood, I guess the lack of rain or humidity makes the extra treatment a little unnecessary for the large quantity of one trips to the island