Ruta de las Tapas (La Oliva district) 15-30 June 2018

Started by TamaraEnLaPlaya, June 15, 2018, 01:04:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TamaraEnLaPlaya

Look out for the posters/pick up a leaflet in participating cafes/bars/restaurants/bakeries/hotels. Try the particular tapas being offered for the event along with a drink for just 2.50â,¬. There are 75 establishments taking part in this offer across Corralejo, El Cotillo, Lajares, La Oliva, Tindaya, Parque Holandes & La Caldereta. You can choose between a hot or cold tapas and then give your mark out of 5 on the competition sheet included in the leaflet. If you visit and try the offerings in at least 15 establishments you can drop off your completed competition sheet at the tourist office in Corralejo (by 2nd July) to be entered in a prize draw and of course the establishments with the highest marks for their tapas will get publicity and prestige.
So, 15 days and 75 establishments most of which will be offering both a hot and a cold tapas dish means 5 establishments a day and 2 tapas and drinks at each - what a way to spend your holiday! Never mind the weather  ;D

LAshire

Hi Tamara  We are out this Sunday for 5 weeks so we will make a concerted effort to experience this great idea to encourage people to try different venues.  Also in the absence of a forum "thank you.". thanks for the time and effort you have take with your informative post.

TamaraEnLaPlaya

You're very welcome. If my post encourages at least one person/couple to try somewhere/something different I'll consider it worthwhile.

I started my quest today with every intention of visiting 2 places. I only managed one (Kiosko in La Oliva)! From translating the leaflet I thought I could choose 1 tapas dish and a drink for 2.50â,¬ but the place I visited wasn't having any of that! It was both tapas dishes and a drink for 5â,¬ which was fine - not sure if that will be the norm for everywhere. If you want to go in for the competition you need to get your card marked  ;D at each establishment you eat at. I'm going to visit a few before I start deciding on the marks I'll award so I can create my own benchmark.

My intention to try the tapas at a second location today got hijacked by a free food giveaway in our local bar during the Portugal/Spain match this evening. Great evening, great match, the local Real supporters were torn between feeling proud of Ronaldo and disgusted with him for doing so well against Spain - gave a great atmosphere/decibel level!