Sun beds

Started by Dunbar, December 16, 2012, 15:23:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dunbar

My wife and I are returning to the tres islas hotel after 20 years so we are expecting a few changes. We want to sunbath nude but my wife would prefer the comfort of a sun bed wind permitting. Can someone tell us which part of the beach is the most popular for nudists to hire sun beds

jg

Last time we were on this beach no particular area seemed more popular with naturists but I suspect the further you go from the hotels, the more naturists you will find, especially to the south.
JG

hairybiker

Go north out of the hotel through the gate by the Welness/Fitness centre and take your pick.

SheilaW

Quote from: Dunbar on December 16, 2012, 15:23:03 PM
Can someone tell us which part of the beach is the most popular for nudists to hire sun beds
I'm not sure the other replies addressed this part of your question. There's certainly no problem finding somewhere to sunbathe nude around here, but I must admit I had a problem with the guy whu runs the beds on Flag Beach, towards the town from the hotel. He said they couldn't be used for an allover tan, at least not in summer. It was a shame as I share your wife's sentiments and like a bit of comfort in my old(er) age. But we went all of 100 metres and found ourselves a lovely, accommodating (if slightly less comfortable) spot, within sight of those textile loungers.

Haven't managed to get down to the beach for a sunbathe since August (in some ways it's sad actually living here :( ??? :D) so I haven't put it to the test again.

jg

To amplify my previous reply, we have used the sunbeds south of the hotels naked in the past but I don't know about the attitude of the latest attendant - they tend to change regularly.
If you keep your towel under you they can't play the hygiene card.
JG

sueandrog

We think the usual reply applies. Go south after the Oliva Beach hotel until you come to the Lifeguard stand, its about 400 yards along the beach. After that nudity is not a problem and the sunbeds are available. We went there for a day in late September and had no problem, in fact surprisingly the naturist sunbeds started slightly earlier, but we have always understood that the Lifeguard stand is the boundary. Rog walked the length of the beach to the South without a problem in fact the further away, the more nude it is. If you have transport, or hire a car for a couple of days, why not go across to El Cotillo where we normally stay. North of the village and after the last buildings these beaches are totally nude. The watersedge is more rocky and the sea not as calm as the Dunes, but a gorgeous laid back area. Have a totally naturist day without a problem. If you have not been back to the island for about 20 years, get ready for a surprise at the airport, no longer a small shack!! Enjoy your break.

jg

I might add that although not 100& nude there is no problem with nudity in the lagoons north of the village and on one occasion when I was on a nude cycle ride from the village to the lighthouse I encountered one little bay well north of the village that was 100% textile (except for me).
JG

Magoo

We use the sunbeds under the Robinson Club in Esquinzo. Saddly not a lot of help to you, but good info for the naturist who likes his or her comfort when planning a break

Brayn

I have also planned to tour a island and there for searching for a better place to visit .Some one tell me about it which is the famous and beautiful islands in Australia . I need your advice about it .

Byron Bay Holiday Resorts

TamaraEnLaPlaya

Quote from: sueandrog on December 23, 2012, 20:53:56 PM
We think the usual reply applies. Go south after the Oliva Beach hotel until you come to the Lifeguard stand, its about 400 yards along the beach. After that nudity is not a problem and the sunbeds are available. We went there for a day in late September and had no problem, in fact surprisingly the naturist sunbeds started slightly earlier, but we have always understood that the Lifeguard stand is the boundary.

Update: the Lifeguard stand mentioned by sueandrog was removed several weeks ago. The flag was also moved a few metres for some reason. The wooden kiosk bar that was close by has also gone. Lots more sunbeds - I think the concessions have changed as different attendants around. Price wars have started: some still at €3 per bed/umbrella and some blocks at €2 apiece! Very few sunbeds being used at the moment, the beach has actually been pretty quiet for a while now. The ones that are being used are mainly by naturists. The unofficial textile/non-textile boundary still seems to be the flag where the lifeguard station was.
The beach café/restaurant that had been around for a long time (set back nearer the dunes) has now got toilets.
The newer café, nearer the hotel, has planted a couple of palm trees and erected 2 very tall wooden poles for some reason, reminiscent of a rugby goal if a cross piece gets added!