IBI- Caleta de Fuste

Started by skillt, May 28, 2018, 20:19:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skillt

Quick question, we are non resident and normally the IBI is taken automatically from our sabadell account without fail but this year the IBI has not been taken. Contacted our bank (sabadell) at ATLANTICO by email and basically of no help and told us go to the Local tax office. We won't be travelling to Fuerteventura this year so is it possible to pay it online or is there a contact in the tax office by email or what's the best way to pay it from abroad ?

emmi

IBI is paid to the Town Hall, not directly to the tax office.  My suggestion would be to contact the Town Hall in Antigua and try to sort it out that way. Here's some contact details; http://www.ayto-antigua.es/contacto

skillt

Thank You for the reply, sent email with the address on website, email bounced back saying email address is not in use and has been deleted.  So the official website email address doesn't work, great !

skillt

Does anyone know a working email for the Antigua town hall/ property tax section.

Johnrgby2

Quote from: skillt on May 31, 2018, 12:36:51 PM
Does anyone know a working email for the Antigua town hall/ property tax section.

I have just checked, and can not find a website for them even, this is allegedly their T/phone number  +34 928 87 80 04, I have however said on this site before, we went there in person and was referred to Caleta! I am near the Caleta town hall tomorrow, and if you cannot contact them on that number I will go in and try to get some info, please let me know before 10:00 tomorrow.

skillt

Johnrgby2, Thank You Sir, a true gentleman, if you  could get us as much information please like a contact email I would be most grateful. Thank You.

Johnrgby2

Hope this helps, but judging by the conversation I had with The Guy in charge, there are hundreds in the same position as you.

All Lowercase.

tenancia@caletadefuste.es

skillt

Johnrgby2, Thank You so much for going out of your way, I appreciate it. Thank You Sir.

emmi

Do let us know how you get on, as your experience may help others in the same situation. :)

Johnrgby2

Quote from: skillt on June 01, 2018, 22:13:44 PM
Johnrgby2, Thank You so much for going out of your way, I appreciate it. Thank You Sir.

No problem, my pleasure, took less than 10 minutes, just hope it helps, As Emmi has said please let us know how you get on, as I said he had pages and pages of addresses which were all unpaid bills, he looked very stressed and a tad more grey haired than when i last saw him ::)

skillt

Thanks Again Johnrgby2. Yes of course I will keep you updated, sent email yesterday Saturday 2nd June awaiting a response. As soon as I do I'll post an update on whats going on.

skillt

Once again email bounced back saying that email address is incorrect,  I then  changed the spelling from
tenancia@caletadefuste.es changed to tenencia@caletadefuste.es , email has been sent and did not bounce back the second time with the change in spelling so will have to wait a reply, will update if I receive a reply.

Johnrgby2

Quote from: skillt on June 05, 2018, 15:43:16 PM
Once again email bounced back saying that email address is incorrect,  I then  changed the spelling from
tenancia@caletadefuste.es changed to tenencia@caletadefuste.es , email has been sent and did not bounce back the second time with the change in spelling so will have to wait a reply, will update if I receive a reply.

Unbelievable, the guy actually wrote it down for me ::)

skillt

Update, got an email in English with instructions how to pay, so if living abroad email or on the island email this address: tenencia@caletadefuste.es with your name, address and NIE / NIF number. They will issue you a bill as a PDF document attached by email with instructions to pay.  Thanks Again Johnrgby2 for your help.
I'll copy the email here:

Dear Taxpayer,
If you are in Spain you may pay these outstanding taxes by printing off the attached invoice and make payment in one of the banks that are listed on the invoice. If you are outside of Spain, you can make a bank transfer to the following  account number by indicating the information below: The full name of the taxpayer and N.I.E number that appears on this letter, (This is important so the transfer is completed correctly)
Important: If you have tax receipts outstanding from previous years, we have attached the invoice that must be paid, this invoice is valid for 5 natural days â€" check “ Fecha límite de pago” this is the limit of when you have to pay this invoice. If this date has now passed, please contact us at this email: tenencia@caletadefuste.es and we´ll send you a new invoice.

** Update: 14/06/2018, Sent email today asking did they get my payment, answered in about two hours with a receipt of payment. Happy days.