Forum

Started by malabu, February 18, 2019, 11:03:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

malabu

Looking back over past posts and locked threads and can honestly say the forum is on its last legs all thanks to one person ok he or she has a few names but still one person, hope your proud of your achievments

jill tie

its not just one person its a few

malabu

Not sure, I think it`s all the same person

Ivemovedon

As someone else has stated previously. No dagwood...no problem.

malabu

Quote from: Ivemovedon on February 18, 2019, 12:29:57 PM
As someone else has stated previously. No dagwood...no problem.
Or as the saying goes,   all for ONE and ONE for all

admin

For the time being both Dagwood & VivaFuerte have been banned from posting

malabu

We could see a revival of the forum then, , good news at last

jill tie

Tamkid

The same person is our very own Troll Brightfart, always has been, always will be, he has mental problems that cant be resolved, we are stuck with him.

malabu

Not convinced it`s a him or a she or both, anyway they can concentrate on shutting the other forum down, happy days

jill tie

“For the time being” is a bit of a concern
Not sure there is as many multi accounts as people think. 
Be interesting if there are some “new”  accounts in the next few days

paully

I think most right thinking people would agree that such a ban is timely and welcome. If they try to come back under assumed names you will soon be able to spot them. They are incapable of changing their spots. Saw it on another aviation forum..That one didnt last long either and still banned.
I HATE computer thingyss

Lexeus

Nice to see some Admin action ;)

malabu

Quote from: admin on February 18, 2019, 13:05:40 PM
For the time being both Dagwood & VivaFuerte have been banned from posting
Why for the time being, I do believe they`re  other accounts are still on, but for sure it won`t take long for them tocome to the forefront

Lexeus

Surely an account ban includes a ban on the IP addresses used as well? A Username ban will not be very effective

beachlife

Quote from: Lexeus on February 18, 2019, 18:07:14 PM
Surely an account ban includes a ban on the IP addresses used as well? A Username ban will not be very effective

Its easy enough to hide your ip address behind a vpn. I noticed that he got around the ban on his name as he just added a 2 to his name, I agree that a ban on the ip is better but afraid it's not full proof.

Echo the feelings that it's nice to see admin taking a hands-on approach. Which I believe will be required as new profiles will soon be popping up.

brizzle

Quote from: beachlife on February 18, 2019, 18:30:10 PM
Quote from: Lexeus on February 18, 2019, 18:07:14 PM

I noticed that he got around the ban on his name as he just added a 2 to his name

He changed his display name which anyone can do on their profile - the ban will be on his username which cannot be changed by a user.

Brightspark

Quote from: Tamkid on February 18, 2019, 13:27:05 PM
The same person is our very own Troll Brightfart, always has been, always will be, he has mental problems that cant be resolved, we are stuck with him.
Admin, when are you going to take action against this fool?
Constantly accusing me of being someone I'm not and having multiple aliases?

admin

No action taken at this point. However we will be keeping an eye out on any future posts and warnings will be given to any members involved. No questions asked.

Lets move on and get this forum back on track with some more informative posts, and hopefully provide useful information about the island Fuerteventura so everyone can get the best from their stay.
No-one wants to read or see personal slagging matches.