The Great Wall - Chinese Restaurant + Map

Started by janpaul, July 28, 2013, 14:55:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

janpaul

We love this restaurant! The food & service is excellent! The food is freshly cooked to order!
Sorry, no eat all you want buffet!

Just high quality, good value Chinese food!!

[map]?=28.39946043829185,%20-13.859572112560272=17=The Great Wall=roadmap[/map]

Can the Man

Excellent Chinese, they know how to make a proper satay sauce as well. :D

Paddster

Where is this place ? We've been to Slow Boat obviously  but i wasn't overly impressed - if ya want it cheap then that's your place.......

Mr Boo Boo

Have to ask the same questions as Padds... not come across this place on my travels :D

Can the Man

In the white center, at the top of the steps leading down to Piereos

janpaul

Can,
The Great Wall is not the one in the white centre!! I wouldn't recommend that one!!!

It is the one that is opposite Hippo Dino and what used to be Scotch Corner (cant think what its called now)before you go down the steps in to the centre where 15 has relocated to.

Can the Man

Quote from: janpaul on August 02, 2013, 09:14:54 AM
Can,
The Great Wall is not the one in the white centre!! I wouldn't recommend that one!!!

It is the one that is opposite Hippo Dino and what used to be Scotch Corner (cant think what its called now)before you go down the steps in to the centre where 15 has relocated to.

Sorry, my apologies, you are right. The great wall is usually our first port of call for the lunch time speacials the day we arrive.

I don't know why you wouldn't recomend the one in the White Centre (can't remeber the name), we have eaten there loads of times and never had a bad meal or experience. Even ate their on New Years Eve 3 years ago.

Paddster

I know where you mean now guys,cheers,have been to the one near Piero's - they put a service charge at the bottom of the receipt - i wasn't impressed so i never went again,i ALWAYS tip when i dine out but this annoyed me so that was the only occasion................

Can the Man

Quote from: Paddster on August 04, 2013, 11:18:05 AM
I know where you mean now guys,cheers,have been to the one near Piero's - they put a service charge at the bottom of the receipt - i wasn't impressed so i never went again,i ALWAYS tip when i dine out but this annoyed me so that was the only occasion................

Are you sure about that Paddy ?, I've never had that problem, generally only the taxes 'Iggi or something like that ?' is shown.

I'd be very surprised, because we generally eat there once or twice during our stay.

Paddster

There was an extra amount on the bill,the Mrs checked it and it said service charge ? That's how i know - maybe they've stopped doing it ? This was 2yrs ago ?

Can the Man

Give it a go again  ;), grubs good

appy ammer

Quote from: Paddster on August 04, 2013, 11:18:05 AM

Paddy if you we're dining in my restaurant I'd charge double let alone a service charge  ;) ;)
Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Paddster

You wouldn't get it though  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Can the Man

Gret meal here on Thursday night, 4 beers 2 starters and 2 mains with rice, €33, which had €13 for beers.

Great place  8) 8) 8)

Can the Man

Had lunch here last Thursday 2nd Oct, when we arrived, great value for teh set meal, and great food.

Decided to have an evening meal a few days later, there were 3 of us, S&S prawns with soggy batter  >:( and the S&S sauce not great. The Masamann curry was rubbish, the sauce had the consistency of water, felt very let down.

Will certainly do the lunch time specials, but evening meals again, it will be difficult.

Can the Man

Ate here twice last week, all is forgiven. Food back to excellent standard and great prices.

My grandson lost his sun glasses Andy one afternoon as we were walking past the waiter seen us and came out running with my grandsons glasses, he had left them there 2 evenings before. Great customer service.