Casanostra Restaurant Caleta De Fuste - The End of an Era.

Started by woe10, November 12, 2017, 13:09:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ivemovedon

As you have such a discerning palate I'd be interested to know which Corralejo restaurants you find to your taste. (and Price )

Johnrgby2

Quote from: Ivemovedon on November 21, 2017, 11:13:52 AM
As you have such a discerning palate I'd be interested to know which Corralejo restaurants you find to your taste. (and Price )

they will be the most expensive, you can guarantee he has never been in any one of them, but on here you can say any bullshite.

Ivemovedon

The reason i asked was if he is looking for cordon bleu cooking with silver service and michelin starred chefs he's not just in the wrong resort, he's in the wrong part of the world.

Most people accept that FV has a majority of nice quality no nonsense restaurants with reasonable prices and that's it. But Paris it ain't.

I wonder if he's ever been in the U Turn bar or Los Pinchitos in Lajares for a bit of grub. One look at the menu in there and the prices and he'd need a waft of smelling salts. LOL

Johnrgby2

Quote from: Ivemovedon on November 21, 2017, 11:59:59 AM
The reason i asked was if he is looking for cordon bleu cooking with silver service and michelin starred chefs he's not just in the wrong resort, he's in the wrong part of the world.

Most people accept that FV has a majority of nice quality no nonsense restaurants with reasonable prices and that's it. But Paris it ain't.

I wonder if he's ever been in the U Turn bar or Los Pinchitos in Lajares for a bit of grub. One look at the menu in there and the prices and he'd need a waft of smelling salts. LOL

Probably goes there 8 nights a week. { Not a typo } and 6/7 lunch times.

Ivemovedon

Ha ha...wouldnt see such a gourmet as him in there. Cheap as chips. ( But decent food I might add)

erik_tonny

We enjoyed el Andaluz, a pity that they never upgraded the menu.
Gregorio el pescador can be very nice if and when they can get decent fish, which seems to be more difficult every year.
El sombrero is the best place for a perfect tournados.

erik_tonny

Quote from: Johnrgby2 on November 21, 2017, 11:37:37 AM

they will be the most expensive, you can guarantee he has never been in any one of them, but on here you can say any bullshite.

Sure have a loud month for a shopkeeper from Cheltenham.

Johnrgby2

Quote from: erik_tonny on November 21, 2017, 12:51:57 PM
Quote from: Johnrgby2 on November 21, 2017, 11:37:37 AM

Sure have a loud month for a shopkeeper from Cheltenham.

A bit to close to the truth am i ::)

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Ivemovedon

Quote from: erik_tonny on November 21, 2017, 12:48:48 PM
We enjoyed el Andaluz, a pity that they never upgraded the menu.
Gregorio el pescador can be very nice if and when they can get decent fish, which seems to be more difficult every year.
El sombrero is the best place for a perfect tournados.

Gregorio El Pescador is my wife's favourite fish restaurant, and while it's not as cheap as some others  it's not going to break the bank. It's certainly not grand enough to look down your nose on those unfortunates using other restaurants.

Ivemovedon

Thinking about Gregorio's we remember when the original building there was someones house, and an old boy and his wife used to sit on a bench outside on the cobbled street. When they knocked it down, for a while afterwards they still sat outside, until one day, quite some time after, they disappeared. Habits of a lifetime I suppose. Often wondered what happened to them.