orlando car hire

Started by tigga1958, May 03, 2017, 12:27:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tigga1958

Booked orlando car hire with Ryanair arrived 7pm last night and picked up the transfer bus from 1A bus stand.

It took 3.5 hours to pick up our hire car, 3.5 hours standing in a line , the flight was quicker! I person working with around 12 people waiting to pick up cars. it took on average 20 minutes  to serve 1 customer!

Some customers just walked out gave up and ordered taxis what a joke never again.

any comments?

Can the Man

Quote from: tigga1958 on May 03, 2017, 12:27:08 PM
Booked orlando car hire with Ryanair arrived 7pm last night and picked up the transfer bus from 1A bus stand.

It took 3.5 hours to pick up our hire car, 3.5 hours standing in a line , the flight was quicker! I person working with around 12 people waiting to pick up cars. it took on average 20 minutes  to serve 1 customer!

Some customers just walked out gave up and ordered taxis what a joke never again.

any comments?

Its a shame you didn't research the car hire thread on this forum, you would have found Orlando as one of the No No's.

Sorry to hear about your bad experience, but there is so much written about companies like Orlando, Goldcar etc.

Trust car hire companies like, Autoplus, Payless, CiCar, Cabrerra Medina, and Top Car Autoreisen
very sedom you will see a bad report.

paully

You think their bad, try Goldcar..so many local good companies though..Orlando and Goldcar are consistently warned against both on here and TA..if you use a trawler site, you get the cheapest which is why you got the service you did..Sorry better luck next
I HATE computer thingyss

Archer

Not good.
Interesting point is on the previous Carhire thread Logitechtom booked through Ryanair and got Top Car. You booked through Ryanair and got the short straw - Orlando!!
How is this? Do they offer you a choice of car hire companies, or is it just pot luck?

I would write a strong letter of complaint to Ryanair and tell them the hassle you had, and that you will mention their name, as the agent, on any review website you use.

spitfire58

I have read all the threads on here re car hire & Orlando & Goldcar. I must say though. Last time I was over had a car from Europcar (in the terminal) & stood in a queue for well over an hour to be seen. Time before that I tried Orlando, the first car had a fault but they were out in 10 minutes with a much better replacement & it only took 10 minutes at the bus pick up & about the same at the desk. I am using them again this time so will see !!
Ryanair give a number of company options when you go through them (I didn't) & for a late(ish) booking prices are very good, had a look a few days ago for our trip next week & they were down in the 40's I think for a small car, full to full for a week. Pretty good really.