La Tasca Restaurant

Started by bevlos, May 25, 2014, 08:55:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bevlos

La Tasca restaurant is on the main street next to the bar that has live music at night where the taxi rank is.

Visited four times in the last couple of years and last night as previously the service was superb. Staff seem to be a mixture of Spanish and Germans.

Food wise firstly a warning! The portions are huge!

Last night the soup starter and fried squid was enough for four people easily (only two of us).
The T Bone steak was the biggest piece of steak i have ever seen but more importantly was cooked exactly as ordered and was very tasty.

Previously we have had the lamb which in the end we have asked for a doggy bag and taken home and eaten the next day to finish it off it was that big. Again most importantly it was well cooked and tasted great.

Starter, main course and a couple of drinks each came to 60euro which was great value considering what we got.

They have an open kitchen with cameras and you can see the food being prepared. Lots of people eating the fresshly made pizza when we were there.

spongebob squarepants

If you love steaks La Tasca is the place to go.

Can the Man

Very children friendly, my grandson loves it.

spongebob squarepants

//How things can change. Been in twice this week thinking the first bad experience may have been a one off. First time we were sat down and not offered drinks until waiter came to take our food order - then drinks were delivered to table next to ours ( who despite not having ordered them began consuming them !?). No bread basket as usual brought. Second time sat there for 20 minutes before walking out having received no attention whatsoever.

Please don't say " we're busy" - since this is just another bi-phrase for " we're understaffed"!

La Tasca has lost the contract for our supply of steaks from now on I'm afraid.

bridlife

Used to go to La Tasca, but no more after having cold food served twice in the space of three weeks. I had a mixed grill, that just looked like leftovers from the day before. Never again.

spongebob squarepants

Quote from: bridlife on September 18, 2014, 14:54:14 PM
Used to go to La Tasca, but no more after having cold food served twice in the space of three weeks. I had a mixed grill, that just looked like leftovers from the day before. Never again.
What's the consensus on the best steak house in Corrie now then? Torro Bravo ? Think we'll give La Tasca a miss this time after our 2 bad experiences on our last trip earlier in the summer.

isleswing

We al;ways eat at El Toro Bravo once during our visit.

It's big, busy, very commercial (not the sort o0f place you'd usually find us).

The staff are very good; pleasant, efficient, they seem to enjoy their work!

The food is very, very good. This is the great benefit of a busy kitchen - everything is consistent, fresh cooked and out to the table quickly, instead of being preprepared and sitting around. Good quality meat, too.

Excellent position above the street, perfect for people-watching. We've always managed to get a window table, except for the time we went with friends, but we we didn't want to look outside then, anyway.

Definitely recommended.

SheilaW

We only got around to La Tasca in August after two years here, and wished we hadn't. It was heaving but I can't think why. Would you believe, they served us WARM Tropical in WARM glasses??? It was quite disgusting!

They served us a pizza then whipped it away again to give to the next table; the reverse happened with the dessert. The pizza had been cooked in 30 seconds flat in an inferno: black base and raw topping. I honestly believe the "fresh" salmon had been resuscitated with a bleach wash (perhaps their fridge was on the blink?); the strawberries and cream was a bowl of spray foam with a few slices of strawberry - maybe one fruit in total.

Absolutely nothing contact-wise from the staff. One of the worst meals we've ever had in town and one of the few restaurants we'd never consider going back to.

StefanV

Maybe we got lucky then, but roughly a month ago, I had the best (and biggest) steak I ever had in my entire life.
Being more than 2 years in Fuerteventura, I think it's almost IMPOSSIBLE to recommend a restaurant, and here's why ...
Spanish chefs are known to be quite assertive, and sometimes they just leave in the middle of their service when they have an argument with their management. (even when it's INCREDIBLY BUSY).
Be careful with what you write about local businesses. One single BAD experience from a single customer can ruin them, and that's not right.
My 2 cents!

Ivemovedon

what to do then when we get a grotty meal and want to warn others?

StefanV

Quote from: Holierthanthou on January 17, 2015, 19:18:34 PM
what to do then when we get a grotty meal and want to warn others?

I am not saying you can't warn others. I am just saying that "accidents" do happen once in a while.

I also think it's unfair to "kill" a restaurant, because some chef or waiter is having a bad day.

Honestly, any restaurant's management has to cope with these things.

They can decide to change their chef and staff at some point.

Reviews stay there for ever, staff doesn't.

I think it's good to keep this in mind.

Ivemovedon

I've always been of the opinion you have to give them a fair crack of the whip and would have to have another stab at a restaurant before condemning it after one bad meal. That said i am able to do that as a frequent visitor to the island. Tourists don't have that luxury and with a maximum of 14 nights aren't likely to try a dodgy experience in a restaurant a second time, wasting yet another valuable night. Its a harsh world and and high standards and a good business plan are paramount if you are going to succeed these days. You won't stop people giving their opinion either good or bad, its too easy now with the internet ....what do they care if a business folds because of it.

Snowdrop

Try La Mamma for a good argentinean steak - left at roundabout in town and just a bit up the road on the left.  Prices comparable with the UK.

spongebob squarepants

Quote from: Snowdrop on February 24, 2015, 17:05:10 PM
Try La Mamma for a good argentinean steak - left at roundabout in town and just a bit up the road on the left.  Prices comparable with the UK.
I ordered a well done steak there and a good vet could have revived it !

Ronnietheblue

We were shown straight to a table. Sat there for 45 mins, not even offered a menu or a drink. Walked out, went to La Taberna one of our regular eateries. Steak to die for.

spongebob squarepants

Quote from: RonnieTheBull on February 26, 2015, 08:13:28 AM
We were shown straight to a table. Sat there for 45 mins, not even offered a menu or a drink. Walked out, went to La Taberna one of our regular eateries. Steak to die for.
Mmmm that's interesting Ronnie - we had exactly the same experience on two occasions thinking the first was a one-off. Seems nothing has changed.

dose

This is one of the restaurants on the main street in Corralejo. Staff is very friendly. Interior is nice. Food choice is very international. They say that they have tapas, however these are the starters in a smaller portion. So thats fake. Food was not bad, but also not exiting.