Latest updates on Astra 2F and its effects on TV channels available

Started by fourthwisemonkey, October 08, 2012, 12:27:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deso

Latest update on Astra 2F from  http://robssatellitetv.webs.com/astra2f.htm

UPDATE 30/11/12 - Astra 2F - This from "SES-Astra" facebook page "Services are currently being transferred onto Astra 2F, BBC (Tp 2.061) has been migrated to 2F whereas Channel 5 (Tp 2.057), ITV (Tp's 2.059 and 2.063), and Channel 4 (Tp 2.068) will move to Astra 2F next Tuesday. This will then mark the completion of the transfer".
So confirmation of the 11.023 H, SR 23.000 FEC 2/3 DVB-S2 *PSK "8901" and "8911" (BBC 1 HD's) move to 2F

The frequencies and channels moving on Tuesday the 4th of December will be :-
10.964 H SR 22.000 FEC 5/6 (CH5/5USA/5*/Channel 5+1),
10.994 H SR 22.000 FEC 5/6 (ITV 1 Granada HD/ITV 1 Central South West SD/ITV 1 Anglia West SD/ITV 1 Meridian North SD/ITV 1 Yorkshire East SD/ITV 1+1 Yorkshire SD),
11.052 H SR 22.000 FEC 5/6 (ITV 1 Central South SD/ITV 1 Central East SD/ITV 1+1 Wales SD/ITV 1+1 Westcountry SD/ITV 1+1 Tyne Tees SD), and
11.126 V SR 22.000 FEC 5/6 (Channel 4 HD/4Seven SD)
Regards, Neil
Looking forward to the day I tick the "One way only" box when booking flights to Fuerte. [:)]

potash

l

http://robssatellitetv.webs.com/astra2f.htm

l, Some good news regarding 2F

some update i am receiving, which is good news....

firstly, some channels are really gonna move and might already have such as

Channel 5

5 USA

5* (Five Star)

4seven

Channel 4 HD ??

BUT as of tomorrow

because new Astra 2F is lacking some frequencies range it cannot accommodate some channels from Astra 1N broadcasting on those frequencies, therefore some of these channels will stay on Astra 1N until new Astra 2E arrives on orbit

in jun/jul 2013.

These channels should stay for now

BBC HD

BBC ONE HD

ITV 1 HD

Channel 4 HD

Channel 4

E4

FILM 4

ITV 2

ITV 3

ITV 4

BBC TWO

BBC THREE

BBC FOUR

CBBC

some info here too:

http://www.a516digital.com/2012/11/...k.html?spref=tw

Astra 2E to be launched in 03/2013 and it will take at least 2 months to test and move to its final position on orbit

http://space.skyrocket.de/doc_chr/lau2013.htm

and

this is a new look of ITV

http://www.creativebloq.com/brandin...d-11121282#null

milestone 11

All lost this morning,
Channel 5HD
Dave HD
Watch HD
Gold
Comedy Central HD
Pick TV and +1
Sky News SD
Discovery HD
Sky Sports 3 HD
Sky Sports News HD
F1 HD
Animal Planet HD
Nat Geo HD
Eden HD
Good Food HD
Sky Comedy HD
Eurosport 2 SD (HD lost a month ago)

woe10

potty poo poo !!! I can´t get normal Sky Sports News Either  :o  Channel 439

satandpcguy

Looks like these channels have moved from their previous satellite to the new satellite....and it's reception is not like before.

But as I type, reports are the channels are now back...a temporary move tot he new satellite, or a permanent move with a tweak of the beam to change reception...

Deso

Word on the street is that channels on 2A and 2B 'south' beams are being 'temporarily' transferred to 1N until 2E is up and ready in the summer. So this means most of the channels that you can pick up on a 1 or 1.2 metre dish.
Apparently 1N's pan european footprint isn't as canary friendly as it's predecessors.
2E's footprint should be OK for us once it gets up there.
Regards, Neil
Looking forward to the day I tick the "One way only" box when booking flights to Fuerte. [:)]

potash

Sky will be a few pounds lighter in there piggy bank i can not see people paying there large fees for a number two service out here in the canaries. HD sports only except HD sports news  that has gone i still get sports 2 but   1/3/4 have gone.

woe10

There must be more people subscribing to Sky, Outside of the UK, than in the UK. It´s not just the Canaries and Spain, there is all Europe too.

Globetrotter

We all like to watch, and we all moan about losing channels, but SKY is ONLY a UK and Ireland service, whether it can be viewed outside of the UK is or was a bonus.

potash

Globetrotter old greedy guts sky will soon find that he is losing a vast sum of money from cancelled sky accounts and when the new satellite is launched they will all be back on air so mr Murdoch can carry on with his gravy train income.   

Globetrotter

Quote from: potash on January 25, 2013, 20:18:37 PM
Globetrotter old greedy guts sky will soon find that he is losing a vast sum of money from cancelled sky accounts and when the new satellite is launched they will all be back on air so mr Murdoch can carry on with his gravy train income.
Thats very true there must be thousands of people across Europe that pay into his coffers.

ashworth

Anyone any solutions of how to get back sky sports. Someone has said you need a HD box. You can buy these in the UK for 40 pounds if you get one out here will that work or do you need a view card....

Deso

Have a read of the post below, care of http://robssatellitetv.webs.com/astra2f.htm

My take on what is happening, from what I have read on various forums, is that 2B Pan European beam channels have been moved to 1N which has a smaller footprint and therefore isn't strong enough to be received on the dishes we have been using. It may be that 2A channels will go the same way.
Given that the channels we are used to seeing on a 1m or 1.2m have, or are moving, then we will have to wait ubtil the summer when 2E is up and running. If they then put the channels we are used to on the 2E or 2F Pan European beam, we should get back to where we were last week.
As far as BBC, ITV etc are concerned, it will either require a huge dish or alternative ways of receiving them, ie internet.

In reply to Ashworths question, you need an HD box which would have to be paired with your card provided you have a UK subscription and multiroom. It may or not be worth it until we know what will happen in the summer.

"What is going on? 12.070 H, 12.090 V, 12.148 H, 12.168 V, 12.188 H, 12.207 V, 12.226 H, 12.266 H, 12.324 V, 12.363 V and many more have moved but where have they moved to? As I have told you previously, the informations I give you are correct at the time I publish them but I cannot be held responsible for any changes to plans that happen thereafter, the recent frequency/channel moves should have been 2B/2A moved to 2F, this was confirmed as planned to happen but it seems that this has not happened according to the plans, unofficial confirmation confirms that the recently moved 2B/2A frequencies/channels have been moved to Astra 1N and that they are now transmitting on 1N's Pan European Beam 1 (1N has two PE Beam's), so what is going on here? SES-Astra have confused us all with this latest "move", Astra 2B frequencies/channels were supposed to be moved to Astra 2F, Astra 2B is supposed to be moved from 28.2 degrees east to 19.2 degrees east, Astra 1N is supposed to be moved from 28.2 degrees east to 19.2 degrees east by Q3 2013 so it can take Astra 2C and Astra 1L's frequencies/channels, so why move the frequencies/channels to 1N? By using the confirmed information planned changes scenario I will try and make sense of this (sorry if it gets a little confusing but I will try and keep it simple), firstly SES-Astra need extra satellites at a few of it's satellite positions, 28.2 degrees east and 19.2 degrees east are the obvious satellite positions that need extra capacity but other satellite positions which are expanding rapidly for SES-Astra are 31.5 degrees east and 23.5 degrees east, and 5 degrees east, SES-Astra are also currently in the middle of a satellite replacement programme because some of it's satellites are nearing the end of their life, confirmed SES-Astra satellites which are scheduled to be relocated are 1N, 2C, 2B, and 2A, without going into too much detail about the why's, what's, and how's, Astra 1N was originally intended to be located at 19.2 degrees east but was temporarily placed at 298.2 degrees east, 1N needs to go to 19.2 degrees east, Astra 2C was originally intended for 28.2 degrees east but was temporarily moved to 19.2 degrees east, 2C needs to go to 28.2 degrees east, Astra 2B needs to be moved to 19.2 degrees east, these planned moves have been confirmed via varyious very reliable sources, it is not known where Astra 2A is to be relocated to but"Rob" thinks 2A will probably move to 31.5 degrees east, once these planned changes happen then SES-Astra can move the even older satellites that it possesses as back up wherever it is needed, of course the one other important addition toi the confusion is that we are waiting for the new Astra 2E 28.2 degrees satellite to be launched and operational by Q3 2013. © Rob's Satellite TV 2013

A good precursor to what SES-Astra's next plans/happenings will be is what happens next to Astra 2B (and to a slightly lesser extent 2A), if Astra 2B (or 2A) are completely emptied of frequencies/channels then SES-Astra will be quickly moving the said satellite to 19.2 degrees east and then bringing Astra 2C from 19.2 degrees east to 28.2 degrees east, there is a little more urgency than previously for SES-Astra to do this because it does have big plans already in place for 28.2 degrees east this year which includes new customers/new frequencies/new channels and also the Astra's taking over most of Eutelsat 28A's frequencies from October 2013, although these frequencies are currently being disputed by the two satellite companies SES-Astra do need to have the capacity in place by the Summer of 2013, it does look like SES-Astra are in a very strong position to get those Eutelsat frequencies, if Astra 2E were to experience problem with another launch delay or problems following launch then SES-Astra would be in a very difficult position regarding the 28.2 degrees east satellite position, they would most certainly be very short of the capacity and back up needed at 28.2 degrees east, 1N needs to stay at 28.2 degrees east until 2E is launched and operational, that is certain, so 2B (or 2A) is the only option, could the currently at 19.2 degrees east Astra 2C which is/was confirmed as scheduled to be cleared of it's frequencies/channels in Q3 2013 now be cleared and moved to 28.2 degrees east sooner than planned, as I said, it is a very fine timeline/timetable that SES-Astra are currently working with, they previously have and will continue to change their original plans as and when it is required to do so, they could indeed have changed the 2C plans, and as I said we need to keep a very close eye on what happens next with Astra 2B (and 2A), 2B cleared out or not 2B cleared out!, 2B moved or not 2B moved!, 2B or not 2B!, we must wait 2C! LOL!

Oh, and one other thing, these recent frequency/channel moves to Astra 1N Pan European Beam 1 rather than the wider coverage 1N Pan European Beam 2 is giving me signals so to speak, as well as the new Astra 2E having a UK and Pan European Beam it also has a Middle East Beam, could the 2B/2A moves to 1N Pan European Beam 1 be to enable SES-Astra to test this beam against the 2E Middle Eastern Beam for possible interference issues prior and following Astra 2E's, apart from the initial directly after launch 1N tests there has been no activity on these new 1N frequencies and beams so SES-Astra need some testing and if Astra 2C is coming to 28.2 degrees east sooner than originally planned then it's Pan European Beam would be the ideal replacement for Astra 1N's Pan European Beam 1, both 1N and 2E beams are similar in that they provide the better solution to possible Astra 2E Middle Eastern beam interference. © Rob's Satellite TV 2013

So in summary, if Astra 2B is cleared of it's frequencies/channels it is going to 19.2 degrees east and then Astra 2C is coming to 28.2 degrees east before Astra 1N goes to 19.2 degrees east, it is possible/probable that Astra 2A will be cleared too but as I said, 2A is for another position, probably 31.5 degrees east, I hope that I have given you some clarity on this currently confusing situation and that I have not confused you too much, Rob's Satellite TV, the Gem (Pearl) is a Sea of Seaweed!"
Regards, Neil

woe10

satandpcguy

According to SES today, the channels have moved to 2Fs European beam, and not to 1N as per the "war and peace" post above.
Astra 2B is now clear of channels - and will soon be on its was to help out at another satellite location - 19 east.

SES: Astra 2B was indeed replaced by Astra 2F at 28.2 degrees East and will soon move to 19.2 degrees East to support the fleet and provide back-up capacity at this orbital position. The channel shifts should now be completed.

And if this is the "European beam" for 2F, then will 2Es and 2Gs be the same....?

Quote from: Globetrotter on January 25, 2013, 20:41:31 PMThats very true there must be thousands of people across Europe that pay into his coffers.
Well yes, several thousands will will under Sky UK, Sky Italia, and Sky Germany.
But Silvio Berlesconi is close with all his media interests in Europe also.

fourthwisemonkey

Okay a little info now things have settled down. Or as best as I can surmise....please feel free to correct my assumptions! as that is all they are.
The recent changes occured so that SES-Astra could free up AStra 2B so it can provide back-up elsewhere (presumably at 19 east)
Some of the Astra 2B transponders moved to Astra 2A, these are receivable here with a 1.2 mtr or above dish. However some transponders moved to what looks to be the Astra 1N Pan-european beam...........absolutely no chance of receiving here (a 3mtr dish cannot even see the signal). FIVE and C4HD moved to Astra 2F UK beam earlier which is possible to receive with a 2.7-3 mtr dish if well aligned and good quality (possibly not 24/7).

Astra 1N is currently remaining at 28.2E at least until Astra 2E is in place (launch due end May....ish) and will most likely move on then. BBC have announced they will be moving to Astra 2E´ín the summer. (take that as if BBC move then so will all the UK PSB channels) That should leave us with 2E,2F and possibly 2C (on its way to provide backup?) at 28.2E until 2G launches in 2014?

If the footprints for the european beams are as estimated (note ESTIMATED) then hopefully all the sky subscription channels that have been lost SHOULD move to those beams and be receivable with a 1.2 mtr dish or maybe less. However the transponders on the 2F UK spot and 2E UK spot (design is similar) will only be possible with dishes in excess of 3 mtrs. The good news is though if SES Astra take over the frequencies currently used by eutelsat 28a, then they should also go to the Astra 2E/F Pan euro beams so a few more channels will be receivable.

Of course there is the flip side and the fact that the UK spot beams for 2E/F/G have capacity for more transponders than in the past which could mean more channels move to the UK spot beam....something I am sure the premier league would like as they know that SKY Sports have many viewers abroad (unofficially of course) and it may mean they can screw a little more out of canal+ etc if it is guaranteed that canal+ are the only supplier who can be received in spain ( Yes I know Al Jaz and Abu Dhabi are easily available here but domestically not many people subscribe to those whereas they do to SKY.

milestone 11

Channel 4 and +1, E4 and +1, Kiss, Kerrang, 4Music and a few others have recently shown up as test signals on 12480V 27500 2/3. Excellent reception.

fourthwisemonkey

12480 have always been there i think...they are the irish versions. Can be received on a 1.2 mtr easily enough.