The Wine Bar + Map

Started by charlatanefc, August 01, 2013, 21:12:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charlatanefc

Situated a couple of doors down from Nestors under the Caleta Garden Apartments, we've found the Wine Bar to be an excellent little chill out bar, ideal to watch the sunset.  Also serves the best Mojito's we've found on the island  (tipped off about these on here years ago).  Two Mojito's each and wobble into the Wok for a chinese usually  :P

[map]?=28.399974789152726,%20-13.859146982431412=17=The Wine Bar=roadmap[/map]

woe10

Charlatanefc says it all, only it's not a couple of doors down from Nestor's, it's Next Door, which is a double bonus. The Original Chill-out bar. I you want a REAL GLASS OF WINE that won't break the bank, this the place.
Also a full menu of Cocktails, Tea & Coffees.

Can the Man

For once, I agree with Woe  :D :D :D :D

All of what he and Charlatanefc said.

woe10

Quote from: Can the Man on September 10, 2013, 17:25:31 PM

Aaaawww, that's really nice.  Can, it's the Only Bar I drink in (when I'm in Caleta).

fuerte crazy

We've been over for 3 weeks (got back home yesterday) and the Wine Bar was closed for the most of the time.  We would've like to have popped in after eating at Nestors but everytime we went it was closed.  Hopefully closed only for holidays and not permantly.
FC

IsThisForumStillGoingWow

Quote from: woe10 on September 10, 2013, 18:19:57 PM
Quote from: Can the Man on September 10, 2013, 17:25:31 PM

Aaaawww, that's really nice.  Can, it's the Only Bar I drink in (when I'm in Caleta).

You stopped going to Legends Woe? I thought you were there every time you're in Caleta?
Only two things are infinite,the universe and human stupidity,and im not sure about the former .....

JuanitaBanana

Quote from: fuerte crazy on September 10, 2013, 18:58:57 PM
We've been over for 3 weeks (got back home yesterday) and the Wine Bar was closed for the most of the time.  We would've like to have popped in after eating at Nestors but everytime we went it was closed.  Hopefully closed only for holidays and not permantly.
FC

So sorry you missed us at the Wine Bar. August is a very quiet month for most bars, being school holidays, so I have been taking the opportunity some nights, to close early in readiness for the Winter Snowbirds coming over, from September onwards.  In fact, since last Tuesday, 3rd Sept, I have been very busy everyday. Saturday was the busiest day I´ve had all year, so I don't know wher you were last week. Sunday night I tend to close earliear anyway as Monday I`m closed, my one day off in the week.

Please remember I'm not a late bar. I open at 4.00pm and try to close around midnight. In December I close for 2 weeks holiday, but for future reference, from next year, I will be closing for the whole month of August.

Once again sorry to have missed you, and will hopefully see you next year, (not in August) for a nice glass of wine.

Jayne - The Wine Bar

Can the Man

See you the end of October Jayne  :), have the wine on chilling for us  :)

JuanitaBanana

Paddster

I couldn't figure out exactly where you are but think we'll pay you a visit in Oct when we're over - Can,you can show us the place  ;D

Can the Man

Quote from: Paddster on September 15, 2013, 15:02:15 PM
I couldn't figure out exactly where you are but think we'll pay you a visit in Oct when we're over - Can,you can show us the place  ;D

Paddy, its next door to Nestors, I'll certainly show you the way. :D

Below is a picture of the cross roads near El Patio, the super market, and The Great Wall Chinese

Stand there with El Patio on your leftt, looking down the street, and you will see a small park (second photo) on the left in front of teh Caleta Gardens and a big sign for Nestors, well Nestors and the Wine Bar are over in the far left corner, almost on the side of the road running parrallel

admin

Changing the top map to Satellite should give you a good idea where it is.
Zoom it in or out to get your bearings.

woe10

Paddster is Irish, Maybe he has a problem reading maps   :o

Paddy, on the map, click the plus sign once and it will go a bit bigger, you'll see Fado Rock. Just down the road a bit,  where the tennis courts are, ( in satellite view now ) is Nestors and The Wine Bar  8)

Paddster

Quote from: woe10 on September 16, 2013, 14:43:04 PM
Paddster is Irish, Maybe he has a problem reading maps   :o

Paddy, on the map, click the plus sign once and it will go a bit bigger, you'll see Fado Rock. Just down the road a bit,  where the tennis courts are, ( in satellite view now ) is Nestors and The Wine Bar  8)

I did it woe - cheers mate  ;D This Google Maps stuff is awesome  ;D

woe10

Yep,  might see you there when you come over. What's yer poison  :P

Paddster

Quote from: woe10 on September 17, 2013, 13:20:52 PM
Yep,  might see you there when you come over. What's yer poison  :P

Guinness - whats yours cause i'm buying  ;D

Can the Man

Don't think ye'll get Guinness in the wine bar :(

Paddster

Can the Man

Paddster

Can the Man

Quote from: Paddster on September 26, 2013, 17:13:42 PM
Quote from: Can the Man on September 22, 2013, 20:58:28 PM
Smooth glass of wine then  ;)

No,smooth ale ya daft I.B.  ;D ;D

Paddy the hint is in the name 'Wine Bar' ya daft LB  :P :P :P

Paddster

Quote from: Can the Man on September 28, 2013, 00:17:25 AM
Quote from: Paddster on September 26, 2013, 17:13:42 PM
Quote from: Can the Man on September 22, 2013, 20:58:28 PM
Smooth glass of wine then  ;)

No,smooth ale ya daft I.B.  ;D ;D

Paddy the hint is in the name 'Wine Bar' ya daft LB  :P :P :P

Wine Bars do sell ale mate ? Or is that just NOT in Ireland ?

Can the Man

Paddster

I can tell you one thing for sure - i aint drinking wine during the bloody day ? I've got a family to think of for Christ's sake  :o

charlatanefc

Quote from: Paddster on September 30, 2013, 06:43:06 AM
I can tell you one thing for sure - i aint drinking wine during the bloody day

He who dares, wins  ;D

Can the Man

Quote from: Paddster on September 30, 2013, 06:43:06 AM
I can tell you one thing for sure - i aint drinking wine during the bloody day ? I've got a family to think of for Christ's sake  :o

Weak LB  :P :P :P

janpaul

We called in to the wine bar the other evening
We asked what wine they sold by the glass and was informed just they had one white & one red  by the glass all others by the bottle!!!!!

It was a cheap brand at that, very disappointed!!

We tried the bar as it is called the Wine Bar! People had said they had a good selection of wine by the glass.

This is not the case

Paddster

fatherted

Now moved to the units opposite San Jorge Hotel